Opinion: mod for ACR

kpham

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm finally free of the Viper debt and want to reward myself a Christmas present. The budget is only 1K+/-; (have to save a few bucks for when I'm growing old:) What mod is avail for this range? It's a 17Kmiles totally stock solid red 2000 gts/acr. Wonder if anybody supercharged their ACR? Obviously it's out of range for now but I'm considering setting up a saving until getting it. I'm also thinking of a wing, stripes, or possibly exhaust. What do you think is best? [BTW I'm more of the poser type:)]

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a nice cat-back would satisfy your need. My choice was the Corsa for looks as well as sound. If cost is really your main consideration you could go with the Borla System which would save you some bucks. The Difference is really sound quality, both are nice systems. It will satisfy the poser in you, beatiful tips, increased sound as well as a performance gain. The Borla system will put you closer to your budgetary requirements, especially if your not a seasoned mechanic. I own the same car and year as you, and can vouch for the performance.

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hands down, exhaust. IMO the stock exhaust is embarrassing. You will be happy with the end result.

Irid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom's rear 40mm brake mod and the Comp Coupe (Hurst) short throw shifter. Two best mods I've ever done to the car - *much* nicer to drive.