Out of hibernation

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took the car out of storage today, from what seemed like a winter that would never end. I don't know but is it me or do the winters seem to get longer as we get older?

Anyway........the sun was out the roads seemed clean, no salt residue, so I decided to put the insurance back on and take her out for a little spin.

Well the spin turned out to be a 2 hour drive...........

It's absolutely amazing how a mechanical system of drive shafts, pistons, nuts and bolts can brighten up any lousy day and put a smile on your face like nothing else can............well..........there are other things........but you get the drift. :2tu:

I was very pleasantly suprised, since this was my first winter storage, on how easy it was to get the feel of the car back. I was a little nervous at first, almost like the first time I took her out, but once she warmed up ( woke up ) the feel of all that tourque and handling came back really quick. Damn!!! what a rush!!! It didn't take long at all.........and that;s the thing that really caught me off guard. It took a lot longer to get the feel of my other sports cars after winter storage then the Viper.

Also, I read so many posts about poor traction and handling on cold pavement. Well, I was also pleasantly suprised on how well she handled the road. It was a cold winter here and its still cold but the car really gripped nicely today. I brought the pressure dowm to 29PSI and the grip was solid.

I'm just really looking forward to the summer and the VCO events.

Patrick

PS: oil change, fluid check and exhaust change ( complete system ) this Saturday. :2tu:

1 cole

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have to agree with you, these cars drive very nice on cold pavement. I live in southern Wi. and have put 700 miles on in the last month. It is part of the experience.Drive them and enjoy!

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome back Wormdoggy. I thought it was just me that got a little nervous driving the "snake" again. I think the worst part is bringing it to work again (which I did yesterday for the second time) and hearing about the spectators around the car :) In my previous car, a Dodge Stealth, I had to recondition my left thigh muscle for the stiff clutch after a long winter. This year, I had to recondition my right ankle to hold back from the gas pedal.

I think you cursed us all over here because of the snow today ;-) Looking forward to seeing you out at the VCA events.

Santo

OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't believe the snow is back........Oh well. I don't think it will last long. I really envy those members living in the southern part of the US.

Santo............make sure you get involved and check out our website. Great club with great people as are all the VCA members. We have a lot of events planned and looked forward to seeing you.

http://ontario.viperclub.org/

I'm one of the Directors for the club if you ever need something.

PatD

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can't believe the snow is back........Oh well. I don't think it will last long. I really envy those members living in the southern part of the US.

Santo............make sure you get involved and check out our website. Great club with great people as are all the VCA members. We have a lot of events planned and looked forward to seeing you.

PatD

Hey wormdog, congrats man, I got my FE out last week, hope to get a little drive in tomorrow. Just joined the vca this year, maybe I'll see ya at one of the events. Which one gets the best turn out?

OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

PatD

Hey wormdog, congrats man, I got my FE out last week, hope to get a little drive in tomorrow. Just joined the vca this year, maybe I'll see ya at one of the events. Which one gets the best turn out?

They all get a pretty good turn out. However, the event that has captured the most enthusiasm this year is the VOI in Vegas. There are plans to ship the cars down to California, drive the coast and hook up in Vegas. At which point the cars will be shipped back. Some of the directors are working on the final details for shipping.

Personally, I really enjoy the charity events where the proceeds go back to Sick kids Hospital. It's just very rewarding for me, knowing that some of the enjoyment of owning these cars is raising money to help children in need , if not in some small part. Very rewarding indeed !!!!!

We should all do our part in some way, especially for kids. The smile on their face when they see these cars is something you can't replace and they'll remember it forever................ :2tu: :headbang: :2tu:

Start off by coming to the cars shows. Great way to meet people and welcome to the VCA/VCO community.

Thanks
Patrick

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score

PatD

They all get a pretty good turn out. However, the event that has captured the most enthusiasm this year is the VOI in Vegas. There are plans to ship the cars down to California, drive the coast and hook up in Vegas. At which point the cars will be shipped back. Some of the directors are working the final details for shipping.

Personally, I really enjoy the charity events where the proceeds go back to Sick kids Hospital. It's just very rewarding for me, knowing that some of the enjoyment of owning these cars is raising money to help children in need , if not a in a small part. Very rewarding indeed !1! We should all do our part in some way ........ :2tu: :headbang: :2tu:

Start off by coming to the cars shows. Great way to meet people and welcome to the VCA/VCO community.

Thanks
Patrick

which car shows the weekly ones? Are they allin the west end, I live in Durham.

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm in Richmond Hill and will be at the Sick Kids event for sure. Are other cars allowed? My brother has my old Stealth and I'm sure he'd like to come also. If not, he will be my passenger :)

I saw the pictures of the recent Annual General meeting. I'm not sure I'm ready for you guys. Viper folks sure know know how to throw a "meeting" :2tu:

Santo