Painted hood louvers and ghost stripes

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you guys think of the painted hood louvers and ghost stripes on the car? Anybody see Deans car in person that can comment on it? Some things look great in the photos but then look cheesy in person.

Also, who's front end is that? Are those autoform dive planes on the front?

-M

5580DSCN0043.JPG

5580DSCN0038.JPG

5580DSCN0037.JPG

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They look great!

On a related note, please don't post anymore pictures of this bad-ass Snake, it's just too painful to be reminded that it's not mine :crazy:

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw it at VOI8, and it's plain awesome looking and sounding. I liked the ghosted stripes but personaly would pass on the painted louvres.

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mnny, Dean is a very good friend of mine and I see his car all the time.
It is simply awesome.
He has done a couple more SRT-10 Vipers that are similiar to his, they also look awesome.
Dean is now making his own carbon fiber splitters. They have also started doing superchargers in house.
Send me a pm and I will give you his direct line if you have any questions you would like to ask him.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car is just plain and simple insane and like Viper D says up there "even bird droppings would look great on this car"

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't feel like repainting my car, and quite frankly I like it in red, so what kind of ghost striping would look good on a red car? I would imagine going a shade darker would be best.

Is Dean's stripes painted on or are they some kind of vinyl?

Also, hard to tell from the pics, but does he have a metallic flake paint?

His car is the nicest SRT10 I have seen. His front splitter looks bad ass, even for a street car. Does he have any issues driving it around with that front splitter and the car being as low as it is?

Lot's of questions, I know.

Manny

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me say though, that if I did repaint the car, I would make it look like Dean's orange SRT10. I even like the graphic on the side -- is that his company logo? Looks better than the 'Viper SRT10' writing, that is for sure. Is there a better shot of that graphic? It's sick looking -- everything. I noticed he outlined the side door scoop, and the headlights and other little details.

-M

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I even like the graphic on the side -- is that his company logo?
If you mean this:
You must be registered for see images

It's the symbol meaning "biohazard", used to mark medical waste.

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, who has painted their diffuser? Been thinking about painting mine black. Can't cost more than a couple hundred buck to do, right?

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out this old thread. It shows my car with the louvers painted with the fade to match the side of the car. I think it looks very cool as have many other people that have sen the car. Next week will show even another cosmetic modification, stay tuned for the newest pictures. I am really looking forward to seeing it my self.
http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=526520&page=32&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Does he sell it in solid black vs the fade (for the hood vents) ? Would be ideal vs paint, this way you can take it off if you sell the car and the new owner dont like it.

-M

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen this car in person.

The entire car is outstanding! The paint is awesome, and the louvers and ghost stripes were just KILLER on that base paint color!

The only thing I didn't care for were the company names and graphics. Although the med waste symbol is cool, but I would prefer it be smaller than what it is. But that is just my personal taste.

If the car didn't have those on there I likely would have tried to work with him on the price he quoted me to purchase the car.