Painting stripes on GTS (pics)

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting ready to stripe my GTS, I am more of a 'go' vs 'show' person, but decided I needed a little bling for my birthday:D

Going to paint vs vinyl primarily because I think it will be easier to maintain since I track my Viper. The guy doing the painting is amazing and very talented and is a friend so I am getting it done for next to nothing:D

With that said, I need some help on what would look good, sapphire GTS with cognac interior.....on searches I just havn't seen a lot with this color interior.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

[media]http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/medium/M_IN_0140.JPG[/media]

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: suggestions on stripe COLOR...?

Flat Graphite may look good. It is hard to visualize stripes on that color.

Bruce

G

Gotvenom 08

With that color interior,might be a tough situation to find a color that would not clash.There are many colors that would look good on sapphire.But to find the best one that enhances both interior and exterior could be a problem.

If you do vinyl you could change colors every yr and make it look totally different every track season.

Are you getting the hood vents painted white?:D

I know I'm not much help!:)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Well, I say hot pink...BUT, Elaine says "cognac, try a light blue, burgundy, or silver (or burgundy & silver).

Final rec...see Dean at Art of Design for shade, stripe design and/ or tasteful recommendations !!! :)

certs_210

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I think silver is a safe bet. I've seen the sapphire/silver GTS combo in person... it looks great, and I don't think it would clash with your interior.

I like Elaine's idea of burgundy, too. It'd certainly be unique, and the burgundy would tie in well with the cognac. I'd get a photoshop mock-up before any paint went down, though.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Maybe a pink/white flower pattern stripe.

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here is my vote Leslie, but then I am biased.
HPIM8476.JPG

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Silver on sapphire looks great...will never forget seeing them for the first time on the line at CAAP in Jan. 2001 !!!

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here is my vote Leslie, but then I am biased.
HPIM8476.JPG

yehp, there's no doubt the silver/sapphire looks great, think that might be the way to go, although the carbon fiber is something that I might try to photoshop:D

while we were at the track the other wknd Sam had a good idea of tinting my windows so the interior doesn't show up as much from the outside.

Last edited:

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, mine are tinted a bit. You could always get black racing seats if the Cognac detracts from the stripes

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Tough one. I'd consider white or a chrome color to match your rims. White might go well though.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Leslie,

The example above does look great. :2tu: I don't know that the interior is that much of a problem but thats me. Especially, if you smoked the side and rear glass.

Even in the photo above the interior is not that noticable due to the angle of the photo taken. I think if the car was a convertible it MIGHT be an issue.

Silver is a pretty neutral color and I seem to remmember seeing some silver GTS pics that had the same color interior as you have, so I would guess that it is a proven color combination.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Assuming you are going with racing stripes, white, silver and gray are safe choices. Saphire blue is tough to match but some dark gold or yellow choices might work.

If you go with a driver's stripe any color would look good.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A drivers stripe might be an easy and "relatively inexpensive" thing to have produced in vinyl. If you got tired of it or hated it the stripe would be esy to remove.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Silver stripes, keep it stock looking. And that is arguably one of the most popular combinations out there, sapphire/silver.
And the cognac interior does not make a bit of difference, that combination was available as a stock order.
And go back to 99-2000 Black/silver was also available with cognac.

V

Venomiss

Champagne metallic-like one of the past raffle cars had.

Silver.

Or really go wild .....Snake Skin Green and be 1 of 1.

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yeh now I gotta pull up a pic of the champagne, that might be nice!

leaning towards silver, think that makes sense Lee, the interior really doesn't show much at all from the outside.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would go with silver to keep it stocking looking. Then up grade the wheels and interior.:D

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you're doing paint don't even think about doing anything other than a factory match like silver, you will destroy the resale value of the car instead of raising it. Putting silver stripes on it will help resale.
And others will say do what you want it's all about what you want to enjoy, it's not an investment .... but why throw away good money when you can increase the value of the car by making it look more attractive in a way that most potential buyers want, especially when it's one of the most beautiful STOCK color combinations ever offered.
And the cognac makes NO difference, the factory offered it that way with silver stripes.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you're doing paint don't even think about doing anything other than a factory match like silver, you will destroy the resale value of the car instead of raising it. Putting silver stripes on it will help resale.

Then that might be a good argument to also use the factory width of 8" or whatever, not the 10" wide.

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How bout a matte sapphire or a sapphire that is a shade or two lighter or darker than stock? You could also do a champagne pearl, sapphire pearl, or gloss black with sapphire pearl in it.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would say silver. Looks good. :)

Any way you go, do a light color so it will not blend in.