Painting stripes on GTS (pics)

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! Looks great L!

Cant believe you did it this close to Niagara! I would have been in full panic mode! :lmao: Congrats to you!

Yup, sliver was the right choice. Looks freakin awesome! :) Cant wait to see it in person!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was always under the impression the car had to be virtually disassembled to do a quality striping job, this certainly proves thats not the case. Looks great.

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow thanks everyone.

It was like having a different Viper today driving it to work haha. definitely got a LOTTA looks and thumbs-up

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking good. You should've painted the cowl too while at it. Or is the cowl already painted?

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great Leslie. :2tu:

Since others inspired me.. I stripped mine tonight, took me about 5 minutes or so.. not sure how long they will last though..

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey at least you're prepared in case you have an accident:lmao:

Looks great Leslie. :2tu:

Since others inspired me.. I stripped mine tonight, took me about 5 minutes or so.. not sure how long they will last though..

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's for sure Leslie!

I just got back from the garage.. sharing some more inspiration from another member..

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Too funny Mike.

I expected the pic to show shaving cream, but I guess you prefer the vinyl type? LMAO

The white stripes look good Mike, time to make them permanent. Think how easy it'll be to find your car in Walmart parking lot.

Leslie, is everyone waving and thumbs-up because your striped it or just because it's a Viper? I DO think that the Viper looks a lot more like a Viper and is easier to recognize as such with the stripes that you used.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was always under the impression the car had to be virtually disassembled to do a quality striping job, this certainly proves thats not the case. Looks great.

The pics I saw from the Connor assy plant showed the stripes being sprayed on the line. Don't think that the stripes are painted at the Viper plant any longer though. We didn't see any being painted while we were touring there. Saleen paints before or Prefect does it after? JonB would know how and where as he buys stuff from Prefect I think.

Body panels are painted at the Saleen plant as the panels need to be painted before assy fo the high quality we all expect from our hand built Vipers.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hardwood floors:D

:lmao:

Almost spilt my drink on my laptop :) :)

Guess I should have realized that 'racer girl' is going to run minimium weight? Smooth and probably wear clothing so light that you can see through it? LOL

Ted

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hardwood floors:D :lmao:

I just belted out a laugh here at work while reading your response...folks are wondering what I'm laughing about. Now how do I explain this to them without getting a visit from the HR policy police. :D Oh well, I haven't seen HR in a long time. Time to go do some 'splaining to the co-workers. :rolaugh:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To maintain value, I would go with whatever stripe the factory put on sapphire. From the posts above, I gather that would be silver.

My vote (anyway) would be for silver, as IMHO it looks best on this color regardless of interior. I think trying to match or coordinate with the interior, will give you a stripe color that might look odd. If you look at the link posted above, there is a dark GTS with copper color stripes and I do not think it looks good....though it would go with your interior color.

So, again, I would think "factory":2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi