Palm Beach Barrett-Jackson

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does this car really have over 1100HP?
How much above and beyond the cost of the car would you guess has been spent? $100K?
Personally, I would love to have this car. Other than it would be a waste for me as I don't have the cahonas to race a car with this much power. Could a car with this much power be street driven?

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is around $80K-$100K. Mods are funny. It really depends on the crowd. I played along on the internet for the Scottsdale auction. I don't think I was ever close. :crazy:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going on Friday Tim. Call me
Are you parking in the Viper corral?

I heard, If you do, you could not get your car back out till 4pm

Rocket65C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to see that car in person. Love it or hate it, it sure catches the eye. Elite's website is still up (www.vipersbyelite.com). That car won some "Best of Show" trophy that is taller than the owner(Scott?)who is standing next to it. Elite is no longer listed as an official sponsor of this website. Not meaning to rehash old hash, but does anyone know the final outcome ileone's engine rebuild/lawsuit ( old thread "Warning about Elite Motorsports")?

Oh, and if there's going to be an office pool, I say the GTS goes for $95,000 (seems to me that most cars get sold for more than they're worth at those auctions. And you could dismantle that car and sell the parts and a stock car for $75k, IMO).

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure were the corral is. Try emailing Ivan ***. S. Fl VCA president. I'm not sure if I'll park there. I wouldn’t want my car trapped till they decide to clear the corral.

And yes that looks like Scott's car and I'm sure it will be a big hit.

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Bad -- probably $75'ish...

I had crappy dealings with Scott on the first (and only) occasion that he installed an exhaust for me (on my last GTS) when I lived in Tampa several years ago. His welding stunk! It's funny to get back on here after so many years and see what has happened to him - doesn't surprise me in the least. Sorry, had to get that off my chest.. :mad:

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm in at $85k. I think $95k is awfully heavy and $75k is more realistic, but there are quite a few heavyweights in Palm
Beach, so I'm guessing the car sells for $85K to some old dude trying to impress his girlfriend that is 30 years his junior whose wearing a ton of makeup and sportin some 6" F.M. pumps.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
some old dude trying to impress his girlfriend that is 30 years his junior whose wearing a ton of makeup and sportin some 6" F.M. pumps.

Hey!! That's gonna be me someday...hehehehe :2tu: :headbang: ;)

SHADOW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a serious car, never noticed that ghosted snake on his hood before. Well, a lot of guys are ********** at Scott, but you gotta give props for what he did with his car...

SHADOW.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The ghosted snake really took some talent even though I have mixed feelings as to whether I'd really want that on my car. If I remember correctly, Scott tried to sell this hood so he must have also had mixed feelings about it.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey guys.....I am flying down Sat. to head over to the Bahamas for a few days......can anyone get in or would I need credentials to get into the auction Sunday ? Anymore info on the Viper corral ?

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey guys.....I am flying down Sat. to head over to the Bahamas for a few days......can anyone get in or would I need credentials to get into the auction Sunday ? Anymore info on the Viper corral ?

Anyone can get in. Tickets are ony $15. The S. FL Viper Club is meeting at 9:00a.m. to go to the auction. They will be the Viper coral. It is true that if you park there you can't leave till 4:00p.m.

Bill

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what is the cut off for getting in the corral?

They will open the gate between 9:00a.m. and 9:30a.m. You also won't have to buy tickets, they will give you credentials. You can only leave after 4p.m.

Bill

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car is NOT!! for sale.The mistake that was made was that we made a replica GTS to ours in white.That is the car that will be at the auction.The only pictures that were to be used were the engine compartment.At the time of the photos the white car was not available for photos.I repeat my blue/White is NOT for sale and will not be at Barrett Jackson.

Photo pro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am flying to the Dominican Republic on Sunday. Why don't you float by and pick me up?

Just when you were thinking that you were getting far, far away from me...there I am.

OP
OP
B

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well we all had a good time today, lots of nice cars, some going for mucho dinero.

The most expensive car was a 1958 Buick Roadmaster Sedan that was owned by Howard Hughes. It went for an amazing $1.5 Million. The next highest priced car was a 1968 Ford Shelby GT500 convertible, serial #1, went for $510,000.
A new untitled Ford GT sold for $230,000.
A Plymouth Superbird, orange with a 440 sold for an amazing $142,000.

No vipers were present for sale.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62