PartsRack Closed: Gone To The Races! VIR 7/8-10

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PartsRack will be closed Thurs and Friday and Monday AM.......gone to the races! back 7/11....

Dodge Viper Cup Pace Car duties for Jon and Doris....hope to see owners and fans of the ACR-X at VIR this weekend.

They say its gonna be HOT in more ways than one.............

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
BACK FROM VIR... Congrats to Ben Keating who won Race #1, and Jeff Courtney won Race 2....

Exciting racing thru the weekend, VoodDoo Ralph Gilles made his 2011 Debut...... ABS issues held him in 10th and 6th I think, but he drove like hellllo from LAST place to the 10th place finish.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exciting racing thru the weekend, VoodDoo Ralph Gilles made his 2011 Debut...... ABS issues held him in 10th and 6th I think, but he drove like hellllo from LAST place to the 10th place finish.

ABS???? What's that??? Maybe he needs to get in a Gen 2.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BACK FROM VIR... Congrats to Ben Keating who won Race #1, and Jeff Courtney won Race 2....

Glad you had a good time again. Its all about Keating and Courtney this year. Wished Ryan Shimsk was in the mix again. I know they dont !!!!!! You going to TWS in Sept.?? If so, see you then.

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
TWS is Labor Day Weekend, and A&M Aggies big game, NO hotels nearby, and no airline seats at saver-rates.

So OF COURSE WE WILL BE THERE !! And for you, we will again fly CO. We did Sebring, VIR, and now TWS all on CO

Last edited:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TWS is Labor Day Weekend, and A&M Aggies big game, NO hotels nearby, and no airline seats at saver-rates.

So OF COURSE WE WILL BE THERE !! And for you, we will again fly CO. We did Sebring, VIR, and now TWS all on CO

Your ticket purchases help me buy more stuff from PartsRack !!! Glad you reminded me about the hotel situation. It was this way last time we ran at TWS during this time. Glad its only a 50 min. drive from my crib......30 in the ACR:cool:

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

So OF COURSE WE WILL BE THERE !!

That's pretty cool JonB. Look for the Yellow/blk stripes Aero Coupe. Easy to spot as it's the only one Dodge ever made:omg::headbang:

Seriously though, it would be nice to meet you.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be at TWS also to watch the festivities! September 3 is my birthday, so it will be a great way to spend it, melting in the TX sun.... LOL!

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 This, I look forward to meeting you JonB.

Eric, we'll have to celebrate birthdays together, mine is the 8th (39 with 10 years experience :D)

Sweet, another Virgo!!! :)

My experience level is not so good (I will be 37 this year). ;)

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The BEST thing about having Pace Car duties for Dodge Viper Cup is finally getting to meet with "faceless" customers and owners. So Please find me by spotting the 2010 Challenger Pace Car (For Sale in October, under 1400 miles) and say hello.

I really hope to see y'all there!

ps
Saturday Night is an awards dinner....Call it Steaks and Brakes; Burger Bench Racing; Meals n Wheels. At $45/head, and worth it just for the banter between Terry Earwood, Versus' Tom Hnitiaw, and several drivers and sponsors, and even Ralph..... NARRAONLINE.com has the details.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Terry Earwood, holy smoke is that guy still around? Guess I will have to have him sign my bible "Going Faster" as he has a lot of interesting racing stuff in it. Just need Dorsey Schroeder now !!!

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Terry is the Chief Steward for NARRA and Dodge Viper Cup. As well as a nice guy who bleeds DODGE..... and stand-up-comic. A past NATIONAL 2-time Drag racing champion in Mopars, and a past Chief Instructor for Skip Barber Schools during the Dodge Pro Series open wheelers, as well as the VOIs from 4 - 10. And Doris and my boss at NARRA-DVC.

Dorsey is around too......I can maybe get that done for you thru one of the World Challenge officials....

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like that Dorsey is the lead commentator for Grand Am Cup/Rolex. He does a great job and was a hell of a driver years ago. You and Doris should meet up with my girl and I for the 50th running of the Daytona 24 hour in Jan. 2012. We got a hotel res right across the street from the track already. Fly into Orlando and 1 hour rental car drive. I might even hook you up with CAL tickets.....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R