Paxton owners - GET RID OF YOUR FMU & SPLIT SECOND SETUP AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE!

TangeloPearl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Paxton owners - GET RID OF YOUR FMU & SPLIT SECOND SETUP AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSI

Flywheel or Rear Wheel? That makes all the difference.

Wheel hp on a power dyne dyno with a load. Sorry to hi jack the thread but least it's keeping the forum going

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: Paxton owners - GET RID OF YOUR FMU & SPLIT SECOND SETUP AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSI

Wheel hp on a power dyne dyno with a load. Sorry to hi jack the thread but least it's keeping the forum going

At that level I would run a combination internal/external on demand setup.

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Does anyone know a reliable shop that know more our Vipers here in Cali most preferably in Northern Cali that can install this set up? I would love to add this to my Paxton set up. I have an 06 Paxton set up. My car felt like it's lagging once hitting on the gas pedal and slow on throttle response. Thank you.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Valaya Racing in San Jose set up my car...not one issue in years.

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Valaya Racing in San Jose set up my car...not one issue in years.

Any idea how much they charged installation for this set up? Thank you :)

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Will Valaya Racing tune my Viper too after install of this set up? Thank :)

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow. I forgot about this thread.

I'm in the process of getting rid of the fuel "system" that came with the stock paxton kit. I'm seriously debating on going with a modified drop in gen 3 pump, or as viper specialty advised, a gen 4 pump?

Pumpgas, you said you had a single in-tank put in, what was put in? Did the tuner say how much fuel was left as far as duty cycles? I know in some of the other cars I tune, I can see if a fuel system is struggling when I keep adding fuel near the rev limiter and no AFR changes.

Thanks for any insight.

OP
OP
P

pumpgas

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I believe it is a Walboro 400 lph. 69lb dodge injectors. Injectors were at 85-87%.

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I believe it is a Walboro 400 lph. 69lb dodge injectors. Injectors were at 85-87%.

I have an SCT tuner already for my Paxton 06 Viper, so I just need these (Walboro 400 lph and 69 lbs dodge injectors to complete the set up and install and tune after? Was wondering too the cost of install and tune for these :(. I don't like the lag feeling when I step on gas ... very delayed throttle response.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Guys... READ post #20 before you start jumping on the "I'm just gonna drop in a pump" bandwagon.

CSTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Guys... READ post #20 before you start jumping on the "I'm just gonna drop in a pump" bandwagon.

I went back and re-read #20. It still sounds like a single in-tank fuel pump and new injectors and a good tune are what sets the systems apart in terms of driveability from the stock Paxton system. What in post #20 changes that? I have a 2006 Paxton-blown car and it has the stock Paxton stuff on it. I already have an SCT tuner...looking to change up the fuel system like this but want to make sure I'm not missing the point. Thanks in advance!

Christian

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I went back and re-read #20. It still sounds like a single in-tank fuel pump and new injectors and a good tune are what sets the systems apart in terms of driveability from the stock Paxton system. What in post #20 changes that? I have a 2006 Paxton-blown car and it has the stock Paxton stuff on it. I already have an SCT tuner...looking to change up the fuel system like this but want to make sure I'm not missing the point. Thanks in advance!

Christian

+1 ... Thank you :)

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Christian

You definitely missed the point, haha.

This is key: "Note however, you CANNOT delete or change the OE pump in any module except Gen-4, as the OE G1/2/3 pumps are a dual-stage pump, which scavenges AND pumps to the engine. If you remove the scavenge function, you ruin the canisters surge capability."

In other words, if you jump on the "I'm gonna drop in new pumps into my Gen-1/2/3 module" bandwagon, you effectively just ruined your surge canister function. Read that as fuel starvation around turns, and unreliable fueling at lower fuel levels. To do it right at moderate power levels, just drop in a Gen-4 module and call it a day if you are exceeding your Gen-3 module at WOT.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Love to do it to my Viper but dont know who in Cincinnati could do the tune properly.

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

In other words, if you jump on the "I'm gonna drop in new pumps into my Gen-1/2/3 module" bandwagon, you effectively just ruined your surge canister function. Read that as fuel starvation around turns, and unreliable fueling at lower fuel levels. To do it right at moderate power levels, just drop in a Gen-4 module and call it a day if you are exceeding your Gen-3 module at WOT.

Will the Gen 4 fuel module be a plug and play for a Gen I? If not, what other modifications are necessary?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Will the Gen 4 fuel module be a plug and play for a Gen I? If not, what other modifications are necessary?

No, totally different canister design.

There is something up the pipe for the Gen-1 guys... no fear.

ACPERFORMANCE

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Does anyone know a reliable shop that know more our Vipers here in Cali most preferably in Northern Cali that can install this set up? I would love to add this to my Paxton set up. I have an 06 Paxton set up. My car felt like it's lagging once hitting on the gas pedal and slow on throttle response. Thank you.

We service many vipers from Northern Ca. There is always response to be gained with removing the split second and actually tuning your particular vehicle on a dyno.

Not to mention response, but you wont have to worry about a malfunctioning Split Sec Box leaving you stranded somewhere.

It's not to far with regards to what your end result will be, to bring your car to us. We carry everything in stock to remove the split second box, use weatherproof mil spec connectors in our switches to trigger your fuel pumps, and most importantly we can set up your tune properly for 91 octane on our chassis dyno.

Sct units in stock, as well as an array of other items which you probably will not need.

Feel free to give us a call and ask for me. i'd be happy to go over anything regarding your setup with you.

In addition, i should have one built motor supercharged viper on its way back to northern ca next week, and one coming down as well. Possibly i could help you coordinate shipping if needed.

Todd

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

In regards to the fuel system. Many folks jump into a fuel system without understanding how it all works. I have had many a high hp car with a "triple hanger" non surge bucket style pump setup come into the shop. The customer cannot understand why they cannot run less than half a tank of gas without the car shutting off in a hard corner. We have always used the production module as a self priming surge tank and used external pumps for delivery on high power supercharged cars.

PaulP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good read!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
molgera