Paxton questions

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I’m back, owned a 1992 rt/10 and a 2005 convertible and I’m looking to buy a gen 3 coupe and put a blower on it (as soon as I’ve sold my nissan GT-R), couple of questions which I didn’t get answered through the search:

-on the standard kit I understand it includes a piggy back and it doesn’t need a custom tune. Can I still add a cat back or complete exhaust?
-do I need to monitor afr or can I trust it not to be lean withour worrying?
-will the clutch hold up when used normally?
-does fuel consumption go up just as much as the hp?
-the search brought me at a couple of posts from the past with very good prices for paxton kits, google doesn’t give me nothing less than 8700. What are good places to buy and do website prices in the states include sales tax/vat? (I am dutch)

-any additional tips are welcome

Thanks guys

jbowling

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Todd at A&C Performance. He's putting together this exact kit for me and my 2004.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hi, Roy...thanks for the note.

I left a brief phone message for you...will try again tomorrow.

Welcome back !!

OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Steve, I just heard your message, but I was carrying my daughter around...what time is it at your area right now, so I won’t be calling you in the middle of the night tomorrow

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
your best bet is to call Doug Levin at 954-434-9356 and ask him about all these questions. tell him i sent ya

jboegn1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own a 2005 Viper that has been modified by Underground Racing back in 2010 by the previous owner. At that time it was an $35K upgrade that included some major engine work. The dyno output was 805 RWHP on 93 octane. It has a ROE VEC3 piggyback computer. When I bought the car it was not running to its full potential so I called ROE and they informed me that the computer was not programmed properly. They gave me a generic program for gen3 with Paxton and the car runs fine. Obviously to get my 805 RWHP I would have to get the program fine tuned on a dyno which I have never done. The existing program gives me approximately 560 RWHP on 91 octane which I am content with. You could probably attain this HP with a stock motor and the Paxton. I have put on 20K miles since I bought it with no problems. My gas mileage has averaged at 15 mpg with 22.5 mpg on the highway and 5.5 mpg during track day. I have not felt any degradation of the stock clutch and now have a total of 43K miles on the odometer. I hope this information makes you feel more comfortable in adding a Paxton to your Viper.