PDA at Pocono this weekend, question

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2000 rt. Smooth tubes & K&N fliters, 17" Hoosiers for the track, new cat-back exhaust, front air deflectors for the brakes, and that's about it. Otherwise stock. I have driven Pocono a few times now, but I just can't help to think that I can do better. If I keep the line good going into turn one, how fast does anyone think I can take the turn and come out in order to hit top speed on the back straight? Earlier this summer, I think I maxed out at about 120-125 going into turn one. I just don't know how well the car will stick. How can I tell my limit? How do I know if I am on the edge? Obviously, I want to stay on the track, not become one with the wall.

Thanks,
Andrew

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year I carried about 105 mph through the bowl and easily hit 150 on the back straight. Others were going somewhat faster but had higher speeds in the bowl. I just wasn't comfortable going any faster. At the end of the day, I want to turn on the AC/stereo and cruise home. No need to push beyond ones comfort level. Have fun, be safe and check your ego at the door!

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Joe, great answer! With all the talk about How fast we CAN GO and what mods were doing next the bottom line is we all want to drive home with a smile on our face,and jamming to some Jimi
Hendrix or if my wife is with me Sting!
As far as how fast can you/should you go I would first suggest a driving school. I've been told it the first/best investment you can make.
BTW-I'm attentding Viper Days in October at Watkins Glen

Fast Eddie

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drive to what you feel safe with. period!!!! With that said with hoosiers, cooler track than the temp out right now, perfect tire temp and feel, 150-160 0n the main bank is very easy to maintain, but you said it right, drive to your limit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang