Picking it up tomorrow!! First Viper...

zracer196

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have lurking for a while...Just sold my 05' Supercharged M3 (450+ WHP) to build my house...Needless to say (still 5 months from finishing the house! lol), I could not pass up this 99' GTS right here in town! 12,600 miles, clean car fax, etc. Near perfect condition...Also has Borla cat back, shifter and smooth tubes.

Christmas early for me!!

My "old" car:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

The "new" one:

You must be registered for see images

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
CONGRATS on leaving the darker side.....You'll be very surprised how much TORQUE MATTERS 450HP vs 450HP ! Point where you want to go.....the only software helping you is betwixt the ears!

May all your parking lots be ever-so-empty.

Where are you? Many good VCA chapters about......we fund this site!

OP
OP
Z

zracer196

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't wait! I am in Central Florida...I was lucky to find it on Ebay...But was NOT ready to buy...I asked if I could "tire kick" and check it out...Very nice seller.

Needless to say, I am buying it!

I know about torque as well...My M was fast...But made NO POWER (and not much torque - About 325 lbs. at the wheels) until 5000 rpm. I ran against a few cars...Most of the V8's would get a jump until my M got wound up...Too late then.

Looking forward to this car!!

AND a selling point was the forged motor...I will be adding some boost at some point!

AND YES...Joining the club is a must. Next on my list!

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Viper is Gorgeous!!! Great find!! I'd love to know how much you paid for it in this market - if you're willing to share. Congrats!

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
enjoy!!! Cool car...it is going to feel like night and day...(not talking about power)...completely different cars!

OP
OP
Z

zracer196

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks to all...Tail, good luck selling yours...Yours is beautiful as well. You will find the right buyer who is looking for the PERFECT one.

I plan a nice ride from Central Florida to Jax on Sunday! Hope the wife does not mind taking two cars! We are going up to Jax for a family B-Day...Kids can't fit in the Viper! lol At least I will get a few hours driving it on Sunday!

OP
OP
Z

zracer196

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh...And the wife does not know about this purchase...She will see it rolling into the driveway tomorrow afternoon!! lol

V

Venomiss

Beautiful car and welcome!
You will have some nice weather to enjoy your Viper.
Someone from Central Florida will be chiming in soon. Chuck98 RT/10 is the events person for that region.
Congratulations!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah yes, the old buy the car and don't tell the wife ploy - I know it well.

Bones heal, chicks dig scars and america has the greatest doctor to dare devil ratio in the world!!:usa:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice looking Viper, Love the colour combo :2tu: Suggest you wear a crash helmet when showing car to wife for 1st time :D Should help you from the pounding of the Yard broom ;) GOOD LUCK!

:uk:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Viper Nation!! You are gonna love it here!!

I might suggest you stay IN the car while you tell here. It should be quick enough to get away from her before any bones are broken!:lmao:

Robert

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Congrats, but before you even consider modding out this car, go to your local Dodge Dealer or send me the Vin. If this is a original Silver with blue stripes Coupe, it is super rare, and you should keep it stock --- IMHO! We do tons of mods here, but in some cases it is best to leave certain cars alone, or make absolutely sure you keep all the parts to return it to original.

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse
1-800-889-1893
[email protected]

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AND YES...Joining the club is a must. Next on my list!

Welcome aboard. Here is the Central FL website.

Home

You just missed our track day at Keystone, but there are more events planned. John Canal is our region President. Contact him for membership. You'll meet up with a lot of good folks.

OP
OP
Z

zracer196

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In the garage safe and sound...Wife was good about it! Not really too much from the "norm". I would usually tell her that I was getting something (motorcycles, cars, etc.). She would give me a hard time for a day or so...This time she said "shopping spree for me!". No problem!

What a different ride. Feels really like a race car. LOVE IT. Maybe a bit too much attention though!! LOL

Also, this car is NEAR PERFECT. What a find. You would think it is 6 months old. The odometer could say 1200 miles...Not 12,000 and you would not know the difference! What a lucky find for me right IN TOWN!!

More later...Taking it on a 300 mile trip tomorrow...Can't wait! Perfect weather here!

OP
OP
Z

zracer196

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And the price was MORE THAN right. Bad market...I hope it comes back around QUICK!

THANKS for all the comments...I will post more of my thoughts soon! AND join the club!

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The **** wackers and other implements of destruction hanging on the wall next to the car make me a little nervous...I guess I've had kids for too long. I'm always checking to make certain that nothing can get knocked over and onto the cars.

OP
OP
Z

zracer196

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You have a valid point...I do have two kids...BUT they KNOW not to go near that side of the garage. I check all the items regularly to insure they are secure...I just do not have the room anywhere for it all...

Lucky for me, the Viper will have a new home in a couple of months...Including a 4 car garage!! Plenty of room for my cycles, dd , Viper and my wifes car. Nothing will be near the car in the new house!

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am planning to buy another Viper next year and I'm not sure what I am looking yet but I think silver with blue stripes just made the list - that car looks Hottt!!!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ZRACER196 Just one thing about your new car, you might want to check how old your tires are ;) If there the originals, they may be a bit hard and will not have much grip, which could catch you out!! Worth getting new ones :drive: Great looking car :2tu:

:uk:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang