Pics of the Led's I used

BlueRush2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey friends, I've received some inquiries about the led's I used in my dash. What I'll do below is just show you the actual stock bulbs I pulled out and then the led replacements I dropped in. I am not a pro, I got these just by pulling the stock ones out and then searching online for ones that I thought would fit. The ones I used are all just "drop in", I have not had to bend prongs or anything like that. I don't sell these and am not in any way associated with this company, I simply found what I wanted there and they were nice on the phone. I hope this helps.

First, here's what my interior looks like..

The website I bought the bulbs from was superbrightleds.com. You will notice that the part numbers end in "-B", this simply means Blue. It will be a "-" and then a letter for whatever color you use. For example, red would be "-R". Another thing you will notice is that some also have an "HP", this means High Power. A part number ending in "-BHP" means Blue in High Power.

I did the instrument cluster, gauge cluster, odometer, climate controls, check engine light and ABS lights. I was unable to get the turn signals to work.

First the instrument and and gauge cluster: T1.5's (mine are -B)

Another pic of the same two bulbs, instrument and gauge cluster:

The odometer bulb was a bit smaller than the other instrument cluster bulbs but I still was able to get the T1.5 to work just fine. If it doesn't work the first time, take it out and turn it around and try again. They are polarized.

Ok, here's what I used for the Halo:

Now the bulbs for the climate controls and a pic of where to insert them:

For the check engine and ABS lamps I pulled the stock bulb out of the stock socket and inserted the led into the stock socket.

Pic of stock bulb and led:

Pic of led inserted into stock socket:

I was unable to get the turn signals to work with the leds inserted into the stock sockets. Maybe someone else can figure that one out. Below is a pic of the stock turn signal:

Comments:
The leds used for the climate controls work well and look good but are the loosest fitting of all of the different leds. They are just about the exact same size as the stock bulbs as far as the diameter of the base, etc., but they just fit a little looser. Perhaps someone else will come up with a better one. But by doing the climate controls the entire interior is blue now except for the entertainment system. I have no idea how to tackle that since I have the GPS/NAV/Sirius unit, I think called the RB1.

On my '08, before I totaled it, I had blue leds everywhere - in the hood scoop, the front grill, the side vents and in the rear emanating out of the rear fascia. Looking back, yep, too ricey. I chalk that up to over enthusiasm at having such an awesome car. I decided to do the interior on the '09 though, like I had on the '08, because opening the door at night and having that blue light roll out of the interior generated A TON of OOHS and AAHS. People were fascinated by it and the effect of the blue leds on a blue Viper was mesmerizing to them. I highly recommend doing interior leds, it does NOT look ricey when done right. It looks MUCH nicer than the bright white-ish stock bulbs that make you feel like you are pushing a cart down the aisle at Wal Mart.

Good luck, hope this has helped.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for that excellent post! It looks incredible!

Maybe I missed it, but can you post exactly how many bulbs you purchased and used?

NSviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I just read your PM,and had a few questions. Which you answered most above. Just one more, how many bulbs in total.Once I know I'll be ordering.:2tu:
Shaun.

OP
OP
B

BlueRush2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't think so in person but they are dimmable just like the stock bulbs so you can adjust to your own preference with the light controls. I'd rather have too much and be able to adjust down then not enough. Your comment brings up a good point though and that is that the leds adjust the same as stock and do not flicker.

That looks great, but aren't they a little too bright?

OP
OP
B

BlueRush2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Damn, you busted me on that City. I didn't put the numbers of each in the post because I couldn't remember. I knew someone was gonna ask and it took you all of two seconds to call me on it! I did this last spring and wish I had kept better records or taken more pics...

Here's what I THINK I ordered. It should be close and if anything it will be a few too many cause I always like to have some spares..

Instrument Cluster & Gauge cluster: I think there are nine stock bulbs. If you add in the odometer I think that makes ten. I ordered 12 so I'd have some spares. Some of the guys on here who have just finished theirs might have a solid count.

Halo: there's just one, I ordered two so I'd have a spare

Climate controls: there are three, I ordered four

Check engine, ABS, Headlight brights: I only installed these three. I ordered ten though because I wanted to do the turn signals, parking brake, TPMS, airbag, seatbelt and ETC lights. Didn't end up getting those to work but they only flash on when you first turn the key on anyway so it was no big deal.

I hope this helps. Again, highly recommend. It'll do for your interior what good wheels will do for your exterior. Go for it!!

Thanks for that excellent post! It looks incredible!

Maybe I missed it, but can you post exactly how many bulbs you purchased and used?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn! You really went all out!

It took me 10 LED's to replace all of the bulbs in the stacked gauges, the speedo, tach, fuel and odometer.

F

FrgMstr

Here is a little summation of his parts and how many. This list will give you one or two extras of each from the LED site.

Cluster and Gauges - 12each Part # T1.5-B

Halo - 2each Part # NEO4-BHP

Climate Controls - 4each Part # NEO5-BHP

Check engine ABS, Headlight Brights - 4each Part# 74-BHP3

Just bought mine. They were out of the Halo bulb in HP so I went with the lower powers. I don't ever see it anyway, I actually do not know if there is one on the 2005?????? Don't remember it and the car is elsewhere right now.

Here is the damage if you are wondering.

12 - T1.5-x: 5mm LED Instrument Twist Lock Lamp-T1.5-B: Blue 1.79 - 21.48

2 - NEOx-x: NEOx LED Instrument bulb-NEO4-B: 4mm NEO4-x Blue 1.29 - 2.58

4 - NEOx-xHP: NEOx High Power LED Instrument bulb-NEO5-BHP: 5mm NEO5-xHP Blue 2.29 - 9.16

4 - 74-xHP3: Wedge Base LED bulb-74-BHP3: Blue 3.49 - 13.96

Subtotal: 47.18
Sales Tax: 0.00
Freight: 4.39
TOTAL PAID 51.57

Last edited by a moderator:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great, thanks for putting the breakdown together. It would be nice to see if we could get a group buy or have a vendor pick this up.

Bruce

F

FrgMstr

I actually bought the "crappy" ones off eBay, but just did not like the idea of having those not fit properly. I know I would have problems and be pulling the dash off again and again.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to the website site and some are alrady out of stock till the end of the month.

Bruce

NSviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Little embarassed to ask this question that I should know :rolleyes:
Stock halo on my gen 2 is green. My gen 4 is not here, could someone tell me what colour the stock halo is. :dunno: Thank you.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great!

A couple of things I didn't see listed were the map lights in the rear view mirror, nor the one(s) for under the dash.

Got part numbers for those?

BTW- your head unit is indeed the RB1. It's made by Alpine. I've not ever seen any service/tech regarding it.

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those look bad ass...Could the same be done on a gen 2?

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I returned the ones I bought from eBay. They said no problem. I will see when I look at my PayPal refund. Now to see what I can order...

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking maybe I should stay with stock as I am having my dash bezels painted GTS Blue to match the ACR type stripe I am putting on my silver 03.

Having a blue dash with blue lights might look strange??? Comments?

Maybe I should go with extra bright whites instead? :dunno:

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont think blue would look bad with a blue painted dash but bright white like you mentioned would look better IMO and either is definitely a better choice than the stock amber

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone found out any info on the Gen 2?????

I'm sick of looking at orange all the time. Maybe some mood lighting......

DholiRaja209

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info regarding the replacement led's! I did the install last night and it took 2 hours to get it all done except for the key halo. To get to the odometer the whole panel has to come off including the arm rest. Its a simple install and the results are worth it! I'll post pics of mine with cool white interior led's.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the blue ones will look perfect in my smurf blue 08 with the blue/black interior. Thanks for posting the info:2tu: