Polishing the intake on a Gen 4

Tabs1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So has anyone else done this yet? any tips?

I picked up an extra intake manifold, cheap and just started stipping it this weekend. Man this thing is huge.

Anyway, the coating on this thing ***** to get off. At least i'm down to aluminum now and just have to shine it up, if it looks bad I will just get it coated professionally.

Here are some pics before I got started.
You must be registered for see images attach

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm very interested to see how this turns out. I've been wanting polish the top of mine.

OP
OP
T

Tabs1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will take some pics tonight of what I have done so far. It is a PIA so far.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
T

Tabs1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, thats exactly what I'm doing. It is a looooong process. I have some dremmel work to do and I'm up to 400 grit on the intake. It is quite a long way from being finished. Will need to go to 2000 like he posted. for a true shine.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to have mine swirl-polished or engine-turn polished, just don't have a clue as to how to start or where to take it to have it professionally done.

OP
OP
T

Tabs1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think you would have to polish it first. Then turn it. Would look cool. I have so many hours into it already, my wife is starting to wonder if I truely am in the garage.

Reaction score
I think you would have to polish it first. Then turn it. Would look cool. I have so many hours into it already, my wife is starting to wonder if I truely am in the garage.

Just be careful to not "wave" the top as with a flat surface that is easy to do if you do not go different directions at the right time. The center section will not be quite as difficult as the Gen3, but the sides look to be about the same as the Gen 3 unless you are only interested in polishing the top portion?

Tony Brock
mirrorfinishpolishing.com
816-529-6089