Post pictures of your 5/6 point Herness

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,
Wanted to start a thread with everyones different harness setups.....Please post pictures of the racing harness you have in your SRT10s.:2tu:
Thanks.:drive:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why post pictures of 5/6 point harness. There is only 1 way to install these, the right way....

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team Tech is the way to go. There is a thread with pictures on the installation on this site. Finding the bolt hole location at the side sill is not easy. Give JonB at PartsRack a call.

OP
OP
T

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team Tech is the way to go. There is a thread with pictures on the installation on this site. Finding the bolt hole location at the side sill is not easy. Give JonB at PartsRack a call.

I saw that post, but it does not show the Teamtechs clearly on the seat. (full shot of belt on seat)

Also, i am not asking which belt is best, or which belt is on your Viper.... Just wanted to collect different pictures of different harnesses already on a Viper.... which i hope might help viper owners choose a belt for their viper, and also get a better idea on how these different belts look and fit. as always, personal feedback on ease of use and opening/closing mechanism is always great.

So please guys, post the different types/pictures/colors of harness belts you have installed on your Vipers. even if you have teamtechs, post them up :)
Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone tried installing the racing harness off of a GEN2 ACR (with the ACR logo on them) on a GEN4 ACR ?
I think that would look really good.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Team Tech belts and it's my opinion that they are first class.

I've been racing since... ahem... the 70's and have used all sorts of belts. The worst I've used were Sabelt. The Team Tech belts are very well made but they're not perfect. For a racing application they're awesome but for a track day car they are a pain to adjust to different drivers or passengers. Also, the Team Teck logo is not removeable - it's glued on then stitched. As a racer I only run logo's for guys that pay me to run logo's. The first thing I did when I got my Team Tech belts was to try and remove the logos. They are very prominant and very white (in an otherwist black car)! I had a bunch of the stictching out before I realized that I was not able to remove them. It took some effort to 'replace' the stitching that I'd removed. Additionally, they should be good belts as they are more expensive than their competitors.

I'll say this though. I'd buy Team Tech belts again in a second - but I'd insist on no logo's.

Greg

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Three Quick Facts, Thanks:

PartsRack does custom-orders all the time. No extra Charge. We can use SMALLER LOGOS and mount them down low. No Prob. SFI and FIA require a manufacturer label somewhere on the harness, not just the date-code label. You would not cut Calvin-Klein logos from your jeans ?!?!

More Importantly, for $25 per harness, we always recommend and usually sell, the "Double-Adjustability" feature. This 100% solves the annoyance mentioned below. [We lose $1 on every one we sell, so we aint selling french-fries.] It adds an extra adjuster buckle and some extra webbing of BOTH the lap and sub belts, for easy and fast driver-rider swaps and better tightening.

"OLD ACR BELTS" are all going to be EXPIRED. And FIVE POINTS. The SRT10s are all pinned for 6 points...there is no good or safe place to install the 5pt old-ACR Sub.

You must be registered for see images attach

I have the Team Tech belts and it's my opinion that they are first class.

I've been racing since... ahem... the 70's and have used all sorts of belts. The worst I've used were Sabelt. The Team Tech belts are very well made but they're not perfect. For a racing application they're awesome but for a track day car they are a pain to adjust to different drivers or passengers. Also, the Team Teck logo is not removeable - it's glued on then stitched. As a racer I only run logo's for guys that pay me to run logo's. The first thing I did when I got my Team Tech belts was to try and remove the logos. They are very prominant and very white (in an otherwist black car)! I had a bunch of the stictching out before I realized that I was not able to remove them. It took some effort to 'replace' the stitching that I'd removed. Additionally, they should be good belts as they are more expensive than their competitors.

I'll say this though. I'd buy Team Tech belts again in a second - but I'd insist on no logo's.

Greg

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Greg

Thats sort of why i wanted to try another belt and see how they look on the Viper.
I hate the Teamtech white logo in the middle.

Can you order them without the logo ?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
VIPER GTSR 91;2716730[B said:
]"Willians"[/B] brand is the top of the line.

Actually, the manufacturer is "WILLANS"...only one ' I ' .....Good harness, but they do NOT make Viper-specific harness as TeamTech does....

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thats sort of why i wanted to try another belt and see how they look on the Viper.
I hate the Teamtech white logo in the middle.

As explained above..............

Just call me when ready to order and we will be sure the mandatory logo does not interefere with your show-car needs......

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have pics of a TeamTech (or any brand) 6 point harness installed in a GenII, Vert or Coupe? Jon? Track rats? Anyone?!?

OP
OP
T

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have pics of a TeamTech (or any brand) 6 point harness installed in a GenII, Vert or Coupe? Jon? Track rats? Anyone?!?

I have pictures of my stock 2000 ACR 5 point harness (which comes with the ACR), will that do ?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: Post pictures of your 5 point Harness

Did I mention CUSTOM Harnesses?? Check THESE out:

This is the only pic I have that shows BOTH sized emblems, tnx to Ben T. We can hav TeamTech place the emblems elsewhere as well......
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score

6 points in my GTS.

IMG_07301.JPG

Click on the thumbnail and then the photo for the large version.

woosch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6 point is 2 shoulder, 2 lap and 2 sub belts that come up between your legs.

5 point is the same except one belt between your legs.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6 point is 2 shoulder, 2 lap and 2 sub belts that come up between your legs.

5 point is the same except one belt between your legs.

Other difference is that the 2 sub-belt harness is mounted to the same points as the lap belts instead of to the floor at the front of the seat like the 5-point sub, as I understand it. I haven't converted yet, myself.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other difference is that the 2 sub-belt harness is mounted to the same points as the lap belts instead of to the floor at the front of the seat like the 5-point sub, as I understand it. I haven't converted yet, myself.

And one sits on the sub belts and they route up through the crotch area correct? I assume the stock GENII seat and seat belt mount locations are OK for 6 pts?

Immanuel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is my 5-point harness custom made from Snakeoylproducts with snake emblem. Sorry for the small pic.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 75

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is my 5-point harness custom ...... with snake emblem. Sorry for the small pic.

YIKES !!! Its better than OE 3pt, but do you see what happens in a hard accident?

That 5-pt single-strand cheescutter is clearly located ahead of the seat, about 10" ahead of your groin. It does NOT have a groin pad. HEAVEN FORBID you have a HARD frontal hit, your pelvis will likley travel the 8-10" forward AT SPEED and your groin then comes to a belated sudden stop, squished into the full-recoil foam cushion. Remember James Bond's Laser Torture? My voice just got squeeky thinking about it.

IF it were truly 'CUSTOM-MADE ' for an SRT10, it would be a 6-pt. Its a generic brand, with a snake sticker on the buckle.

And since there is NO ANCHOR BOSS in the SRT floor, I wonder what it is fastened to that is rated at 8500 lbs of force? My bet: NOT. It is also an unpadded harness.

GUYS: You can get a similiar Team-Tech unpadded 6-pt with optional Snake Logo for less than the above is priced. And dated 1 mo in the future, not shelf-dated 1-6 or more mos old. Please DONT buy a harness because of a Snake Logo (which covers the buckle instructions.) A fully-padded 6-pt harness is only $120 more.

PELASE choose a harness to save your life, or minimize injury......vs. look **** in a car-show. And if you MUST have a snake logo, well send you one to install on a TEAM TECH !

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Team Tech / No Logo !

Thats sort of why i wanted to try another belt and see how they look on the Viper. I hate the Teamtech white logo in the middle.

MASH, we now can offer the Team Tech "Private Label" option for YOU......and those who want the small logo above, placed off the chest webbing. DONE DEAL.

I feel like Burger King...."have it YOUR way!" Thanks Mash.