Post your Nitrous setups with Pics

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah when I get the 2008 hood, my purge will be going out that way, that is pretty cool. BTW no worries about posting GenI, GenII, or GenIII Setups here. I just like good clean setups on a Viper. Maybe I should have the mods move this thread to the General Viper Discussion or the Performance Modifications Forum. It just seems that this one gets more hits than the others.

Last edited:

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is one ND just got done doing not to long ago for a customers car. I got some pictures of my setup on my GTS, but he doesn't want me to post them yet untill he has them finished.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is one ND just got done doing not to long ago for a customers car. I got some pictures of my setup on my GTS, but he doesn't want me to post them yet untill he has them finished.

Yeah I have seen this. I have been talking with Dave at ND about a plate kit that will work with my setup and he is designing one now. He was trying to get a mock up car for a bit and got one. I have told him a plate kit would be nice for the Gen III Vipers and he would probably get a lot of customers with one as I have not seen any others out there. He is putting the finishing touches on the kit now and has been keeping me posted. I cant wait to see your setup on the GTS, he sure does good work.

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I have seen this. I have been talking with Dave at ND about a plate kit that will work with my setup and he is designing one now. He was trying to get a mock up car for a bit and got one. I have told him a plate kit would be nice for the Gen III Vipers and he would probably get a lot of customers with one as I have not seen any others out there. He is putting the finishing touches on the kit now and has been keeping me posted. I cant wait to see your setup on the GTS, he sure does good work.

Yeah, he is getting close to the gen III. He has my gen II and is going to be a "flagship" for a lot of new products he has coming out, not just viper specefic. The plate setup he is making for the gen II is :omg:

I used to be a formal employee so I get the low down all the time of "stuff in the works" that the public doesn't know about.

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I know this is somewhat of an old thread but I wanted to see if there is any new setup's out there. I know that Nitrous dave has been working on some plate intake systems for the Vipers and wanted to see if anyone had installed these yet. There has to be more Nitrous installs than what is in this thread. Right now my Nitrous setup is getting cleaned up and hooked up the right way while it is at DC Performance. There apparently was some issues with the initial install and is getting all of that fixed for me. I had even fouled up one of the spark plugs, so I was running on 9 cylinders :omg:. Whats funny is thats still more than the V8's. Dan Craigen did a leak down test and everything tested good so good thing I didnt mess anything up major. Dan does awesome work and is a very honest guy so anyone looking to get work done on their Viper no matter what it is, I would strongly consider him. Once the Nitrous cleanup is done I will post some more pictures. Until then please guys show me what you have.

Last edited:

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I know this is somewhat of an old thread but I wanted to see if there is any new setup's out there.............. I will post some more pictures. Until then please guys show me what you have.

That direct port setup shown above is about as good as it gets....very nice.

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That direct port setup shown above is about as good as it gets....very nice.
Yeah I agree, with that setup you cant even tell the system would be installed there, the Perfect hidden system. Nitrous Dave makes a "Money Maker" System that completely hides the entire nitrous setup. Too bad not for the Vipers.

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I agree, with that setup you cant even tell the system would be installed there, the Perfect hidden system. Nitrous Dave makes a "Money Maker" System that completely hides the entire nitrous setup. Too bad not for the Vipers.

Although I haven't examined a GEN 3 intake up close myself, I bet the money maker could be setup in the gen 3 intake.

I remember when I used to work there. We had 1 customer early Monday call us and said he couldn't figure out how this "stock camaro" was hanging with money maker "stock camaro".

2 days later we had another customer call and told us how he cant figure out how a "stock" camaro was keeping up with his money maker "stock camaro" the weekend before.

Later on that afternoon we came to realize those two lived in the same town... They were racing each other and couldn't even tell they had the money maker!

I have no idea where you would hide the bottle on the viper though.

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I am bringing this thread back from the dead I want to show you guys the difference of what the nitrous setup looks like now compared to before. Now there are some things that I still want to do like re route the purge, but I love the new setup. I want to thank Dave at Nitrous outlet for the custom nearly one off 2 of 2 nitrous plates designed and built for the GenIII Viper. You can tell how professional his work is. The Plate performs flawlessly. You can tell he spent a lot of R&D of the plate. His work is second to none.

I also want to thank Dan at DC Performance for putting it all together. Dan installed the custom 2 bottle bracket, installed the plumbing for the second bottle, fixed up the wiring and the hoses, installed the custom plate, and of course tuned the Nitrous. I bumped down the shot from a 200 to a 150 as a 200 was pushing the limits and after some upgrades, it would really be pushing the limits. Thanks Dan for the hard work you put into cleaning it up and tuning it.

I am very pleased of the work. Let me know what you guys think of the before and after.

You must be registered for see images attach

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice looking setup on the intake! :2tu:

All you need now to finish a nice system like that off is the Billet dual bottle bracket.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice looking setup on the intake! :2tu:

All you need now to finish a nice system like that off is the Billet dual bottle bracket.

I have cleaned up the wiring since these photos. Going to use a different pressurizing system. I have read/heard about other, more efficient systems.

1-#10 tank is nos
1-#10 tank is replumbed for methanol
2-#5 tanks are CO2

new_engine_011.jpg

new_engine_017.jpg

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Treesnake, I love your trunk setup with the bottles. My trunk setup is a simple setup, but I do love how my install looks under the hood.

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you all for your kind words. It is much better than it was when it first started but some things are still going to be cleaned up. I will get the bottles polished in time.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you all for your kind words. It is much better than it was when it first started but some things are still going to be cleaned up. I will get the bottles polished in time.

I agree. Your new set up looks good. I think it will be more efficient spraying through the TB. IMO

ussjones72

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pic of the nitrous plate, still working on the rest of the system...

Attachments

• N2O Plate.jpg
    N2O Plate.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok guys, now I'm gonna have to re-do my whole under hood set up:( cus my N/X system doesn't look at all as nice as those installs:2tu:

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just picked up a window switch from a friend but I need a little help locating the proper WOT wire and Tach wire to tap in to :dunno: can anybody lend some me knowledge?

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few updated pics of mine. Just finished the trunk Friday.

ussjones72

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Attachments

• FJO Switch.jpg
    FJO Switch.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 42

Latest posts

Members online