Post your Nitrous setups with Pics

billyboys

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very impressed with some of these set-ups...Looking to do an install on an 06...Any hints or advice?...Thanks

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very impressed with some of these set-ups...Looking to do an install on an 06...Any hints or advice?...Thanks
Are you doing the install yourself or someone else doing the install? The most important thing I can say is doing it right the first time so you don't do like me and have to keep fixing it.

1. Make sure and get a complete kit that consists of more than the standard jets in case you have to tune more than the standard jets come with. I have a bag full of them. The kit should consist of the standard kit, a window switch, WOT switch, fuel gauge, pressure gauge(viewable from drivers seat), bottle warmer, etc. The NX GenX should give you all of the accessories you need
2.CHANGE THOSE STOCK PISTONS. Ok I am sure you wont but I have to say it anyway. Since you are not, do not play with more than a 150 shot. Some can tell you horror stories of what happens to a stock bottom end with many 200 shots in them. You have cast pistons.
3. Make sure and tune. Do not go off of guessing. Fuel is very important and you want to make sure you are 11.5afr across the board. This is why I said get more jets than what comes with the kit. Most likely the standard kit jets wont be close enough and you will need a size in between.
4. Make sure and use the window switch. If not than it is just a matter of time before your engine gives. It is recommended to set it for 3000rpm or more before it kicks in. Mine is set to 3500rpm. Better to be safe than sorry. Let me know if you need any recommendations on kits, etc. I can also let you know where you can get the plate so you dont have to plum in your intake. It also looks so much cleaner with the plate.
5. Post your setup here and of course lots of pics. Good luck.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's a shot of my Nitrous system in my Gen 2. It' never been used as it would be wasted without having slicks or racing farther than a 1/4 mile.

From nearly all angles it's close to invisible. wires tucked into stock harness and SS lines mostly covered in plastic wire loom.

You must be registered for see images

Solenoids are mounted to the stock crossmember and the purge nozzle is inside the airbox to spray out the hoodscoop when activated. Fogger nozzles are the best way to go. This NX system only has 100hp jets.

Ted

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now thats what I call a money maker setup. Great setup Ted. The nitrous would be good to keep the air cold with your Roe. a 50 shot would be perfect for that. Instead of running **** Nitrous is a better solution. Thanks for sharing your setup :2tu:
Here's a shot of my Nitrous system in my Gen 2. It' never been used as it would be wasted without having slicks or racing farther than a 1/4 mile.

From nearly all angles it's close to invisible. wires tucked into stock harness and SS lines mostly covered in plastic wire loom.

Solenoids are mounted to the stock crossmember and the purge nozzle is inside the airbox to spray out the hoodscoop when activated. Fogger nozzles are the best way to go. This NX system only has 100hp jets.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nah, fillup costs over $100 and I have to send it off 200mi. so they can send it off 125mi. for filling. Probably take 2-3 weeks for every fill. The water/**** uses only a Gallon every few weeks and I just buy -32 WW antifreeze, which I sell in my store. I can use a gallon in a day at the track, but just go to any gas station for a fillup.

Nitrous only comes on at WOT and I don't get to use that much. My water/**** comes on at partial boost (passing, etc.). The water/**** protects against detonation when I use some of that 800+rwtq while driving the car at rpms as low as 1200rpm in high gear. Nitrous can't do that - it's only useful for hp and cooling at WOT. I was told that the 100hp kit makes 150rwhp used at 10psi boost - because of the cooling effects of the Nitrous.

Ted

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, fillup costs over $100 and I have to send it off 200mi. so they can send it off 125mi. for filling. Probably take 2-3 weeks for every fill. The water/**** uses only a Gallon every few weeks and I just buy -32 WW antifreeze, which I sell in my store. I can use a gallon in a day at the track, but just go to any gas station for a fillup.

Nitrous only comes on at WOT and I don't get to use that much. My water/**** comes on at partial boost (passing, etc.). The water/**** protects against detonation when I use some of that 800+rwtq while driving the car at rpms as low as 1200rpm in high gear. Nitrous can't do that - it's only useful for hp and cooling at WOT. I was told that the 100hp kit makes 150rwhp used at 10psi boost - because of the cooling effects of the Nitrous.

Ted
I know about the expense of filling up. I was told it is $120 for a 10lb bottle here in Hawaii. I of course wouldnt know because its illegal :) Nitrous does give you more gain the more boost you are running. Well you cant go wrong with either. You have a killer setup Ted. Now how about running both:dunno:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Go talk with your closest welder supply. Most places MEDICAL Nitrous Oxide is illegal, but Nitrous that most use has sulfure Dioxide in it at enough ppm that it causes vomitting if inhaled. Different types of Nitrous. You amy also wish to try and get licensed to sell Nitrous. My buddy started with a medium sized welding bottle, went to a large bottle. Using jury rigged plumbing he'd freeze the 10# bottle overnight and fill it with the big one in the morning. Eventually he bought a pump for it.

Larry Macedo has offered to custom tune for it because I have a Vec and change a card - change the tune. Might get around to it as I'm thinkin' the Texas Mile sounds like fun. Also thinking that I may enter the Silver state Rally this year.

Ted

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Ted

Hey Ted that set up looks very clean and well thought out, great job. I just bought a Next Generation N/X kit and it has jets that go from 75HP to 300HP so I'm not sure which kit you got. Also I've always mounted the Solenoids Level or Above the Fogger nozzles to prevent puddling of the fuel or nitrous at the Solenoids which may cause them harm/damage or stick from build up. Just FYI Sir ;)

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ted, it looks like the passenger side nozzle is facing the wrong way....just a heads up. i might be wrong but it loosk like the no2 side is facing IN on that side and fuel on the other. fuel should always be facing IN.

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ted, it looks like the passenger side nozzle is facing the wrong way....just a heads up. i might be wrong but it loosk like the no2 side is facing IN on that side and fuel on the other. fuel should always be facing IN.

Yeah I'd have to agree with Plumcrazy no doubt, fuel line on throttle body side ;)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good points. I'll check and spin the nozzle a half turn, I didn't notice that after doing the heads.

The fuel could eventually cause a varnish film because of the lower position of the fuel solenoid so that's something I'll be addressing, or loosening the line after each useage.

Thanks.

billyboys

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be doing the install for my buddy...I have installed nitrous on my SRT8 Jeep and my buddys Tundra...I did have a wideband to monitor my A/F,window switch,Bottle warmers that run off bottle psi,Daves Plate..

Now for you guys filling your own bottles ..My local guy was $6lb for nitrous...Then he all of a sudden hit me for $9.50lb ($195 to fill 2 bottles)so after a lil research...I purchased a siphon setup from Daves and you can get a 64lb bottle of nitrous for a $178 plus tax...I had to pay to get it delivered for a total of $246...and $175 for Daves siphon setup...IF you spray alot you can save by filling your own bottles...After the local guy took my I was not about to give him another red cent...
I wont be instaling nitrous for 6weeks or so and I will be checking back in on the forum..THANKS for everyones input...

Here is a video of my Jeep..

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok well time to revive my thread from the dead. I have been going back and forth how I wanted the bottles done so I had a pretty good idea how I wanted it and gave the idea to the paint shop and let them run with it. Let me tell you guys its always a good idea to let the painters go with what they think works. They have a good instinct for the best way to make it look. Just give them an idea and they sure will do good work.

I have to say I am extremely happy with the way the bottles turned out. The price was very reasonable considering how much detail they put into the bottles. Its hard to find good shops out here that do good work and I sure have found a good custom paint shop here on Oahu. I am still waiting on the custom sized hoses to arrive which is why the bottles are not hooked up. I am horrible at taking pictures so I am sorry for the glare. You get the idea though :)

You must be registered for see images attach

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like the paint, someones got talent.

not sure of the placement of them though, might not be optimal for the nitrous/pickup

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like the paint, someones got talent.

not sure of the placement of them though, might not be optimal for the nitrous/pickup
I am sure that you do have proof about the placement of the bottles. I just have not seen it written or "the proper placement" of bottles. I really do want to see the facts. I mean honestly since the new placement with the 150 shot I have ran the bottles empty and have not felt a difference. I am sure there is a science to it. I just wish there was more room in the trunk to be able to adjust them forward if that is the optimal placement. Someone send me a link :2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id ask jackB, he knows a lot more than most do about this stuff. darn thing looks great though.

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id ask jackB, he knows a lot more than most do about this stuff. darn thing looks great though.
I have seen most placement of bottles facing forward but I just have never seen an explanation about it. I am going to research it. Thanks for the compliment :2tu:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Normally the bottles have the pickup tubes go to the bottom of the bottle against the side where the nozzle outlet sits. The reason for forward mounting is so that when the Nitrous (in liquied state) goes to the rear of the bottle, it is also going to the pickup tube.

My NOS instructions stated that the bottle could be mounted across the car as a 'secondary choice' for position. It'll probably just run out of Nitrous a second or two sooner than forwards facing. Since it's the Nitrous, not the fuel, it won't hurt the engine when running out, the mixture will just run fat and slow down.

Ted

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've used Nitrous on bikes and cars for a long long time and YES, the recommended mounting position for a nitrous bottle equipped with a siphon tube is any position where the siphon tube will remain submerged in the liquid nitrous during the entire time under acceleration. For example; siphone tubes are placed inside nitrous bottles with the pick up point on the same side of the bottle as the exit port of the valve. So the optimum position is with the nitrous bottle standing with the siphon tube pick up facing the rear of the vehicle. The next position is laying down parallel with the vehicle with the siphon tube pick up facing down and to the rear of the vehicle. Next is with the bottle laying down sideways not parallel with the vehicle with the siphon tube down and at a slight angle to the rear of the vehicle to account for acceleration. And the last position possible, but only if the siphon tube has come apart from the valve itself, is mounting the nitrous bottle upside down but not recommended because of possible valve freeze :nono:... Hope this helps ;)

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok well I am not going to have possible valve freeze as my bottles are not upside down and yes they may not be in the best position due to the trunk space not allowing but they are ok and do work. Thank you for that info sniper1 and also Ted.

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple more pictures that I took with my better camera to show the colors a little better. Still though pictures do not do the actual art work justice.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you dont mind me saying.....get a nice set of bottle mounts now. these bottles look too damn nice for those brackets you have. a nice set of billet ones would do the trick

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you dont mind me saying.....get a nice set of bottle mounts now. these bottles look too damn nice for those brackets you have. a nice set of billet ones would do the trick
Already considering it and totally agree with you Plum. I have seen and do like the billet ones. Now to keep my eyes out for a good deal on some.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang