Protection group option on ACR's

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just wondering if anyone out there with an ACR, more specifically VoooDoo edition coupe had a car cover come with the car when they ordered the $450 protection group option? Why I ask is I am looking at a VoooDoo and do not see the car cover option but the car did come with special floor mats. Is the car cover just a car cover through parts or is it really a custom cover with a stripe and ACR VoooDoo on the side? I have never seen the cover for the VoooDoo so maybe someone can help me out.

Vooodoo ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just wondering if anyone out there with an ACR, more specifically VoooDoo edition coupe had a car cover come with the car when they ordered the $450 protection group option? Why I ask is I am looking at a VoooDoo and do not see the car cover option but the car did come with special floor mats. Is the car cover just a car cover through parts or is it really a custom cover with a stripe and ACR VoooDoo on the side? I have never seen the cover for the VoooDoo so maybe someone can help me out.

The car cover came with my Vooodoo (it was in the trunk). I do not have a picture of the car cover installed on my car, but I do have a picture of the car cover installed in a different ACR. I can upload it later. The cover doesn't say Vooodoo on it, nor does it have a stripe. It just has the Fangs logo at the front-center.

OP
OP
H

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car cover came with my Vooodoo (it was in the trunk). I do not have a picture of the car cover installed on my car, but I do have a picture of the car cover installed in a different ACR. I can upload it later. The cover doesn't say Vooodoo on it, nor does it have a stripe. It just has the Fangs logo at the front-center.
Thank you so much Vooodoo. What color is the cover as it sounds like it can be ordered from the parts counter which is fine by me? The car I am looking at has no cover in the trunk so the dealer said that it could come from the parts department. Its guys like you that really make this website so enjoyable and informative. I noticed there was a lot of views but it only took one person to respond. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing the picture. This cleared up a lot of confusion as it does not seem that any of the cars like this in Canada came with the covers or protection group option.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The factory ACR covers are very pricey. Used ones have sold here in the classifieds starting at $250.00.

Bruce

OP
OP
H

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The factory ACR covers are very pricey. Used ones have sold here in the classifieds starting at $250.00.

Bruce
Bruce, the dealer said that he would supply the cover. They are pretty pricey for sure but as long as I can get the same one that would normally have come with the car that would be great. Your car looks absolutely wicked by the way. This site is so helpful. Thank you.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey hollywood1 send me a pm i have 3 acr covers i would like to sell. brand new in the box never opened. plus i have 2 new ones for the coupe too

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey hollywood1 send me a pm i have 3 acr covers i would like to sell. brand new in the box never opened. plus i have 2 new ones for the coupe too

i forgot to say i live near ottawa ontario. i tried to send you a pm but no go

Vooodoo ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you so much Vooodoo. What color is the cover as it sounds like it can be ordered from the parts counter which is fine by me? The car I am looking at has no cover in the trunk so the dealer said that it could come from the parts department. Its guys like you that really make this website so enjoyable and informative. I noticed there was a lot of views but it only took one person to respond. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing the picture. This cleared up a lot of confusion as it does not seem that any of the cars like this in Canada came with the covers or protection group option.

Here is a pic of the car cover
You must be registered for see images attach

It is indoor only.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chelseasnake, I have never sent *** before so I do not even know how as I do not seem to have that option. I have been a member for years but never PM'd. Anyway my e-mail is [email protected]
I look forward to hearing from you.

CLick on the persons name above thier Avatar and Private message is the 2nd option. When you get a message just click on Private message on the upper right hand corner where the site welcomes you.

I will send you one. I tried but you have it turned off.

Bruce

OP
OP
H

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the car cover
You must be registered for see images attach

It is indoor only.
Vooodoo thanks for the pic. I take it this is the one that comes with the car? Not really that fancy as I thought that a Vooodoo cover would have some sort of exclusivity like maybe Vooodoo on the side but obviously I was wrong. I had Woodhouse get me a custom Blue cover for my 06. It was really nice with the SRT embroidered on the side with the snake on the front like the one in the picture. It fit really nice similar to what your cover fits. It was snug for sure but the color was awesome. If i had a pic I would show you but the car is not in Calgary.

OP
OP
H

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CLick on the persons name above thier Avatar and Private message is the 2nd option. When you get a message just click on Private message on the upper right hand corner where the site welcomes you.

I will send you one. I tried but you have it turned off.

Bruce
Bruce I will turn it on...stay tuned buddy.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok hollywood1 i got your pm on here, but i canot send you one back it wont go through. i sent you pics at the other e mail adress

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just sold my 08 ACR and I still have the cover. Its been on the car maybe 8 times in the garage. If anyone is interested pm me. Brian

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If someone has an ACR cover avalable for around $200 please let me know . I can use one when I trailer Thanks

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve. Are you talking about an Open or Closed Trailer?

A car cover would not be a good idea for a car on an open trailor/flatbed as the wind would whip the cover into the paint lightly scratching it. I have even seen this happen on cars that have been parked in parkinglots with covers on windy days.

For a closed trailer i can imagin it would be a PITA puting the cover on and taking it off with the minimal clearance around the body.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be interested in a reasonably priced quality ACR cover as well.

Vooodoo ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vooodoo thanks for the pic. I take it this is the one that comes with the car? Not really that fancy as I thought that a Vooodoo cover would have some sort of exclusivity like maybe Vooodoo on the side but obviously I was wrong. I had Woodhouse get me a custom Blue cover for my 06. It was really nice with the SRT embroidered on the side with the snake on the front like the one in the picture. It fit really nice similar to what your cover fits. It was snug for sure but the color was awesome. If i had a pic I would show you but the car is not in Calgary.

Yes, that is the cover that came with my ACR. You're right it is nothing fancy but it fits great. There is no soft interior lining so a lot of care must be used when installing and removing the cover.

It would be a good cover to use in a garage if the car was going to sit for a while. I wouldn't want to have to mess with it on a daily basis.

- Mike

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased my car cover from www.Carcoverworld.
The company is in Delaware.
Really nice stretch nylon material.
I also embroided the hood.

Attachments

• SV100908.jpg
    SV100908.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 8
  • SV100909.jpg
    SV100909.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Members online