Purchase

rsmitchell10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking about purchasing a Gen III or IV but have a modded 01 RT that I'd either have to sell or trade. Any advice? Mine is yellow/black, ROE SC with headers, Corsa, custom interior and audio, wheels/tires, more. Such trying to see if it's worth the effort.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will probably get more for it if you sell it yourself. Dealers don't always (if at all) take into account what you have done to the car.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will probably get more for it if you sell it yourself. Dealers don't always (if at all) take into account what you have done to the car.

I would say they, dealers, offer nothing for the upgrades. I looked into trading mine and was only offered the base value. And, I would get the same if I put it back to stock.:confused:

OP
OP
R

rsmitchell10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I figured that's the case but thought I'd ask anyway. I'll give it more thought...would love Gen III or IV but mine is actually pretty sweet. But if the right offer came along.... :)

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yours is pretty sweet! Any chance of not selling yours and just getting a second one?

OP
OP
R

rsmitchell10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've certainly considered that. I admit it would be hard to part with this one after all I've done to it. But my wife would probably object to more than one. So in the name of world peace and harmony I'll probably have to do one or the other! lol

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've certainly considered that. I admit it would be hard to part with this one after all I've done to it. But my wife would probably object to more than one. So in the name of world peace and harmony I'll probably have to do one or the other! lol

I'm in the same boat right now as well, I want to buyback my old ACR, but I just bought my SSG about 3 months ago. Sometimes my timing just *****:crazy2:

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a modded Gen 3 but I really love the Gen 2's. After all the work I couldn't see giving one up. I do, however, understand the wife thing.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wives come and go, Vipers are eternal.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sold my SC'd '01 for an '08. Took off the SC and all the non stock items and sold them separately. When all was said and done, despite a weak market, I did OK. No doubt it was due to the dealers that I dealt with, Tator's and Roanoke.

PM my if you need any info or some "company".

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sold my SC'd '01 for an '08. Took off the SC and all the non stock items and sold them separately. When all was said and done, despite a weak market, I did OK. No doubt it was due to the dealers that I dealt with, Tator's and Roanoke.

PM my if you need any info or some "company".

How did you like the feel of the 08 vs the charged RT. I would think that the gen2 had much more low end grunt, correct?

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you decide to sell it let me know...not much luck finding a Red '94 or '95 (like my first one) and Yellow is my next favorite color, especially with Black stripes!

V

Venomiss

How would the taxes be for a trade in credit verses private sale in Texas?
(If they give credit in Texas?)

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did you like the feel of the 08 vs the charged RT. I would think that the gen2 had much more low end grunt, correct?

I think a bit more very low end grunt. Maybe up to 2,000 rpm. But that extra torque was less manageable. Above 4,000 rpm, the Gen 4 is stronger. Funny that I find them very different and yet similar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32