question about missing coolant??

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i keep putting coolante in my snake, but it DISAPPEARS!!!! cant find a leak, or watter in my oil... whats going on?? the car is running fine...

OP
OP
R

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
last week i opened and seems empty, so i got an entire bottle and it swolled 3/4, and i used like 3 hours, when i got back i check on it and it needed more... so i added the rest, this weekend i ran it again and disappears again... so i got another bottle of coolant and put 3/4 started the engine and 10 min. latter i had to add a little more... so i used for while and it needed more.... it never got hot at all.. little bit more than half the temp....

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i keep putting coolante in my snake, but it DISAPPEARS!!!! cant find a leak, or watter in my oil... whats going on?? the car is running fine...

Did I miss the YEAR somewhere? Your profile and sig are MT

THE YEAR MATTERS !!!

Im gonna go out on a limb and suspect 93-95? The "dreaded head gaskets" are culprit.

If not 93-95, Ill wager you dont know where your "REAL" COOLANT OVERFLOW BOTTLE IS?
It could be broke, Ill bet its empty.

MORE DATA??? Call me for in-depth diagnosis

OP
OP
R

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i keept it running for a while to see if there was a leake or soemthing but nothing.... and the cap looks ok too., cant find where is it going....

OP
OP
R

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1994 RT/10 with 27,000 miles on it., mine only 2,000 miles.. got it used.

OP
OP
R

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jon B... Thanks, and i will get in touch with you tomorrow, so you can explain to me about those gaskets... because im in the middle of the years that you mention.... but if the problem its in the gaskets.. coolant will be in the oil????

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1994 RT/10 with 27,000 miles on it., mine only 2,000 miles.. got it used.

Same year as mine and the same problem. As John B. said, you probably don't know where the real coolant bottle is. I didn't either, I only learned it about 3 months ago. PM Viper Wizard Chuck Tator and he can explain and repair it also. He is in NY, what state are you from? Tator's Dodge 914-763-3136 I'm not a mechanic, but the head gaskets could let coolant leak out of the engine and evaporate from the heat without leaking into the engine. If you need head gaskets, go to VSP Home and see if you can get in on the run they are making right now or you'll be paying a lot of $$$ for them or buy them now anyway to have them if they're still the originals. I'm in the same boat as you, so I just learned about all this recently.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B... Thanks, and i will get in touch with you tomorrow, so you can explain to me about those gaskets... because im in the middle of the years that you mention.... but if the problem its in the gaskets.. coolant will be in the oil????

RickViper there is at lot of info here about GENI head gaskets.....:search: and/or you can always call any one of us [vender's/supports] for an insight on Vipers! :cool:

914-763-3136

OP
OP
R

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thank you very much guys... and sure tomorrow i will be calling you guys so you can explain to me how do i do this or what do i have to buy to stop this problem.. and thanks bluequadcab.. for your info.. let me know what you did please.. and hope i can find the real bottle..