Question about straight pipe NO muffler cat back on Gen 4?

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone sell a cat back straight pipe, NO muffler for the Gen 4? Or has anyone cut off the muffler on each side and then weld a piece of tubing to create a no muffler pipe, and your results? Yes, I am trying to get the car as loud as possible along with the high flow cats and headers. Thanks for any info.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its easy to do it yourself as the muffler is simply clamped onto the pipe. Unclamp the muffler put in a piece of straight pipe and a turn out and VOILA!

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its easy to do it yourself as the muffler is simply clamped onto the pipe. Unclamp the muffler put in a piece of straight pipe and a turn out and VOILA!
I have the Belanger cat back exhaust and it appears from their photo that the entire unit is welded?

Last edited:
F

FrgMstr

Last edited by a moderator:

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I pulled my second cat and put magnaflow round mufflers on and it sounds great. I have a 08 and my friend has a 08 he did the full straight pipe no second cat and its too loud.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Belanger race exhaust and can't even stand to drive an hour without windows up or ear plugs in. It's not so bad for short bursts at the track. Everyone says (and I Agree) it's the best sounding Viper they've ever heard at WOT. Good choice. Leave the rear O2 sensors unplugged bcz they will prob short at some point and cause a fault..

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leave the rear O2 sensors unplugged bcz they will prob short at some point and cause a fault..

I have heard/read that several times now. I plan on doing the same thing to mine because of this.

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Un plug or how about relocate them? Bringing the car in next week for the install at Tomball/Viper tech. Since he does these all the time Im sure he will know. Good info.

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I found my answer from Tomball. Lou Belanger will make a cat back straight pipe without the muffler inc the tips. Ear plugs optional !! Decent price too. Awesome.:headbang:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss