Radar detectors

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a place to get a good deal on the Valentine One or am I just stuck buying it directly from their web site?

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a V-1 from their sight for $349. It is a unit that was tried out for 30 days or less and sent back. Mine arrived next day and was in perfect shape. It looked brand new. It saved my butt numerous times on my trip to Laguna Seca this past weekend. They are well worth the money. Good luck.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
K40 and I love it. It is pretty good but police cars are now getting a new radar system which is not picked up by current radar detectors. Also a new method is not turning on the radar until you pass them. I HATE WHEN COPS DO THIS!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call V-1 and ask if they have any refurbs... same warrantee, cheaper price. I wish I'd done that on my two... found out too late.

JD

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a ****** Solo 4 and got a ticket going to Canada. Stupid ****** did not even beep!
Next day I bought a Valentine 1, so far no tickets and it has saved me already 3-4 times...
Great coverage, it really seems to pick up radar sites much further away than ******.

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V-1 It WORKS :2tu: Saved my butt plenty of times. wish I would have know about the referb. :eek: oh well still worth every penny!

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've done a side by side comparison with the V1 and the K40 in my GTS. The V1 picks up radar signals WAY before the K40, both front and rear.

My K40 system is integrated/hidden, don't know if that makes a difference but I can tell you if I could run with only one, it'd be the V1.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
blinder / phantom rcdxp combo

jams both radar and lazer of any kind and is upgradeable with softwear when cops get new systems

P.S i have tried it with police officers who are friends of the family these work

Sean 96 McViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V1 works for me.

And here is a tip for you RT guys. Try tapping into the power going to your review mirror for a clean install.

-Sean

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the v1's are bulky I have a Bel 985 works good tested to be just as good as the passport and V1 (in an unbiased test with multiple detectors) . Its a decent price and I like the design. I havn't had a ticket yet with it .

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the v1's are bulky I have a Bel 985 works good tested to be just as good as the passport and V1 (in an unbiased test with multiple detectors) . Its a decent price and I like the design. I havn't had a ticket yet with it .

Never had a V-1, but by the sounds of things...............they're falling behind...............not saying they're not good!

Bell and Passport surpass it in the end.

Research the net, you'll see.

I own a Bell!

Reaction score
Who is Craig Peterson? His ratings for the V One have been poor for years. The Major car mag's have tested and rated it the V One as the best for many years.

My guess is that Craig has a problem with V One.

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone in the US using GPS based detectors, or maybe there are no static cameras etc there ??

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V1 was the best IMO (I have 3 right now) but the new Bel RX65 looks like it whoops on it in every independent test. I just ordered one and will be using it in my car at the same time as the V1 so I can really see which one is doing what better. Will report on it in a couple weeks after using it for a bit. It arrives next week.
Manny

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V1 is OK. Bel and ****** make an AWESOME R/D. I dropped my ****** and screwed it up and thought I'd try this Valentine 1 everyone is raving (woohoo! J/K!) about.. I've owned both and the ****** gets the nod hands down. Unfortunatley I bought two V1's and what a waste of $$ if I've ever wasted money...

G

OP
OP
S

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This gets more confusing everyday. Maybe I should use the money on more go fast parts, and forget about it.

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simms -- ****** -- you won't be dissapointed.

Either:

****** Passport 8500 or ****** Solo 2 (if you want cordless)

I have both models (one in each car) and love them!