Raffle car

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The person that won was: David Schaffer.

The car is at Woodhouse.

Before the car can be transferred over, the tax attributable to the stated value of the car has to be paid in.

The tax is 28% of the stated value.

I would guess that arrangements were, or are, being made to pay the tax and the car will be delivered soon.

All of the above data has been previously posted in other trheads.

FOViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Winner has 90 days to take delivery of the car. We are on day 52

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So? Do you have data suggesting that the amount of time that has passed is unusual? 28% of stated value is a pretty decent chunk of change. If the winner does not have the cash available, he has to finance it.

FOViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So? Do you have data suggesting that the amount of time that has passed is unusual? 28% of stated value is a pretty decent chunk of change. If the winner does not have the cash available, he has to finance it.

I was simply stating a fact. Would you like me to send you a calendar so you can count the # days as my supporting "data"?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not know why you are so angry but I hope that you feel better. Take care.

I was simply stating a fact. Would you like me to send you a calendar so you can count the # days as my supporting "data"?

Gustfront

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The person that won was: David Schaffer.

The car is at Woodhouse.

Before the car can be transferred over, the tax attributable to the stated value of the car has to be paid in.

The tax is 28% of the stated value.

I would guess that arrangements were, or are, being made to pay the tax and the car will be delivered soon.

All of the above data has been previously posted in other trheads.

Why haven't the National VCA officer's replied.? Why are you replying?. I would prefer to hear the official answer from someone in charge, as using your recent posting trends in anything VCA related as supporting data, you cannot be trusted to offer an unbiased view.

Thank you,
Wade,
09 ACR Viper owner

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why haven't the National VCA officer's replied.? Why are you replying?. I would prefer to hear the official answer from someone in charge, as using your recent posting trends in anything VCA related as supporting data, you cannot be trusted to offer an unbiased view.
Thank you,
Wade,
09 ACR Viper owner

Great question. That info is obviously not proprietary. Why couldn't the new ***/officers have posted that info weeks ago. It's this type of behavior that ***** the oxygen out of the room. There is no reason for it. (Assuming Mr. Bob is not the new voice of the VCA)

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great question. That info is obviously not proprietary. Why couldn't the new ***/officers have posted that info weeks ago. It's this type of behavior that ***** the oxygen out of the room. There is no reason for it. (Assuming Mr. Bob is not the new voice of the VCA)
I could not agree more, No disrespect to you Bob, but I have been asking these simple question's for weeks on the Members thread and have been met with no answers.

If there were any legal issues a simple statement from the new Board would have been all it took to keep me happy, but instead of this all we got was silence!

I know there has been one or two other things going on with the club, but sadly the silence only made things worse here IMO.

fastrs2.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to put in my .02. Maybe they are being advised not to talk about it, if in fact there is a legal matter pending, its fairly reasonable to assume that neither side is going to want to disclose anything till it is resolved.

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to put in my .02. Maybe they are being advised not to talk about it, if in fact there is a legal matter pending, its fairly reasonable to assume that neither side is going to want to disclose anything till it is resolved.

why should there be a legal matter? I mean they should have got all that done before doing a raffle right? :)

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How about this?

There are some legal issues to be resolved regarding the recent raffle. As a result, we are unable to answer any direct questions. As soon as these issues are sorted out, we'll provide a full report. Thank you for bearing with us during this process.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The data was officially posted weeks ago. It is on a different thread. That is where I got the data. One of the problems here that causes misperceptions is that people pop in and out without using the search function.

Thank you,
Wade,
09 ACR Viper owner

SLViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Let me get this straight: Someone called the individual who spent at minimum $125.00 to purchase a raffle ticket for a FREE Viper and when called decided not to take the free car..................I call BS! Exactly how many of these raffles (I bought tickets to all of them) Did I really have a chance to win? ANY of them?

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Let me get this straight: Someone called the individual who spent at minimum $125.00 to purchase a raffle ticket for a FREE Viper and when called decided not to take the free car..................I call BS! Exactly how many of these raffles (I bought tickets to all of them) Did I really have a chance to win? ANY of them?

Personally, I never buy any raffle tickets for this reason!

Default Re: Raffle car

Quote from previous post > "There was a raffle car years ago that was never claimed. The winner was contacted by phone but he never responded after that. Don't know what happened to the car but Beth at JR Thompson told me that it was later sold. So who got the money? Shouldn't they let raffle ticket buyers to have a chance for a re-draw or get their money back?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
First I have ever heard that a raffle car went unclaimed.

And if I won this Viper, I would have been there yesterday to claim it based on the questions on the legality of the raffle. Isn't possession 9/10ths of the law?

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the individual who bought the raffle ticket didn't realize they had to pay the tax on the car. Maybe they couldn't afford to pay the tax. Didn't have the money. Counldn't get a loan. Maybe they needed a new furnace/AC/windows for their house and had to spend the money on that(we just did all 3!) A lot of you are jumping to conclusions as to why these people either didn't return the call that said they won or on day 53 after the raffle they still haven't picked up the car. WHO CARES!! Some of you seriously need to chill out and stop biting peoples heads off for posting. The OP asks, "Who won the raffle?" Bob answers and gustfront jumps on him for not being a MOD or somebody not in charge. Unreal how the the mood has changed on this forum over the years. Im out.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the individual who bought the raffle ticket didn't realize they had to pay the tax on the car. Maybe they couldn't afford to pay the tax. Didn't have the money. Counldn't get a loan. Maybe they needed a new furnace/AC/windows for their house and had to spend the money on that(we just did all 3!) A lot of you are jumping to conclusions as to why these people either didn't return the call that said they won or on day 53 after the raffle they still haven't picked up the car. WHO CARES!! Some of you seriously need to chill out and stop biting peoples heads off for posting. The OP asks, "Who won the raffle?" Bob answers and gustfront jumps on him for not being a MOD or somebody not in charge. Unreal how the the mood has changed on this forum over the years. Im out.

A lot of people paid good money to get in on the raffle. They deserve answers. This isn't a charity.

No one even will answer were the raffle was actually held. Sorry, that is a huge red flag.

FOViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the individual who bought the raffle ticket didn't realize they had to pay the tax on the car. Maybe they couldn't afford to pay the tax. Didn't have the money. Counldn't get a loan.

The VCA had a new program for this raffle to help with the wiiner with the tax situation
Viper Club HQ said:
Worried about the taxes if you win the car?

One of the statements we have always heard about the raffles is a reluctance to buy a ticket if the member could not pay the 28% tax.....Well get this, WE HAVE ARRANGED FINANCING FOR THE TAX!!

This financing is through Milton Bank, our preferred bank for club members, financing new, used, and even salvaged vipers after review. Arranged through VCA Ohio Member and Loan Officer John Jones, who owns 3 Vipers himself.

But the best news is that this is such a solid loan as the member would only be financing a small percentage of the loan as opposed to the usual 80-90%, that the initial credit level is a 600 FICO!

That means that for a $122,500 MSRP car you will walk away with a payment of $487.21!! Finally paying the taxes should not be a problem! See the chart and the rate goes down as the FICO goes higher!

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VCA had a new program for this raffle to help with the wiiner with the tax situation

That's one loan the banker hopes you default on.....he loans you $34k and gets a $120k plus car if you miss a couple of payments. I would underwrite that loan no matter how low that credit score is :lmao:

Cheers,
George

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's one loan the banker hopes you default on.....he loans you $34k and gets a $120k plus car if you miss a couple of payments. I would underwrite that loan no matter how low that credit score is :lmao:

Cheers,
George

Exactly and hope and pray everyday that he defaults on the loan. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper