Rare GTS or is there such a thing.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys I need some information on the rarity of certain model GTS's. Which year produced the special editions / color combinations.

From what I have been told the rare GTS's are as follows....looking at the 2002 model year. These are the most rare color combinations out there??

GTS R - white with blue stripes
Graphite
Yellow with Black
Blue with White
Red with white

In that order................

Patrick

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers Buyers Guide by Maurice Liang will give you a great reference for all the info you are looking for by year and colour.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys I need some information on the rarity of certain model GTS's. Which year produced the special editions / color combinations.

From what I have been told the rare GTS's are as follows....looking at the 2002 model year. These are the most rare color combinations out there??

GTS R - white with blue stripes
Graphite
Yellow with Black
Blue with White
Red with white

In that order................

Patrick

Somewhat right, the correct order if you factor in NUMBER BUILT is:

Yellow with Black - 37
GTS R - Only 100
Graphite - Solid & Stripes there were 181 total
Red with white - 360 Made
Blue with White - Over 2000 between 1996 & 1997

HOLDING VALUE WISE:

The GTS-R Holds The Best and then it is between the Final Edition Red with White and the 1996-97 GTS in Blue with White.

OP
OP
W

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys.

Why does the GTS-R hold its value ? Is there something different about the car engineering besides the color combo.

The reason why I am asking is part of my search for a GTS.

Still searching and uncertain about the color combo and year I want to buy.
Thanks
Patrick

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTS-R Edition holds its value because of the specialness of the car. It was produced to commerate the GTS/R Race car and people just seemed to jump on them. MSRP was around $80K when they came out and they are almost impossible to find near that unless they have AT LEAST 15,000 miles which is almost impossible as well. They have 10 more horsepower but other than that, the engine is the same. The car is mostly just aesthetic changes. It is just a collectable or at least that is what people think.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 of 28 here. Many have been trashed and modded as well. One in the Middle East owned by some prince or something. Not going to see that one any time soon.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All striped ACRs are in relatively small numbers.

2001 striped Bumblebee ACRs---51
2002 striped Bumblebee ACRs---26

Bumblebee striped GEN II cars only made in 2001,2002

Steve

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS-R is the only Viper, to date, to come with a wing from the factory. More than paint there.

Edit: Street legal Viper. The track only Comp Coupes have wings too.

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great thread!

Worm doggy you have me confused are you asking about rarity in regard to all gen 2 GTS's from 1996 until 2002? because I am not familiar with an 02 white blue stripe GTS???? I assume from the responses you are seeking to discuss rare GTS Vipers from 96 to 02?

Guys I had no idea about the Sapphire cars and Bumble bee ACRS? Going year by year from 96 to 02 what are the low volume rare Viper GTS cars besides the obvious ones (98 GTS-R)??

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cody makes a great point all Vipers are hand built in such low volume that they all are rare. Buy the color and year you like and let history take care of the rest.

Vipers rock!

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were there blue/silver stripe non ACR GTS's? I can't remember?

You have to give Dodge a lot of credit for keeping the Viper customer base happy with the consistent production of these special cars. I can't think of any other manufacturer who builds actual one of one cars on a continuing basis and funds owner invitationals and supports the VCA. Unprecedented in automotive history unless someone else can think of another example?

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No other Viper Blue with silver stripes. They all had white stripes (96 & 97)

Were there blue/silver stripe non ACR GTS's? I can't remember?

You have to give Dodge a lot of credit for keeping the Viper customer base happy with the consistent production of these special cars. I can't think of any other manufacturer who builds actual one of one cars on a continuing basis and funds owner invitationals and supports the VCA. Unprecedented in automotive history unless someone else can think of another example?

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
No other Viper Blue with silver stripes. They all had white
stripes (96 & 97)

Not so, there was a single Blue/Silver ACR built for the Raffle.

Also rare are the three '96 white/blue GTSs made for the big-wigs...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960