Reading Pagoda / America on Wheels

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
April 24th, we will be meetingin Harrisburg and cruising to Reading for a brief stop at the Pagoda overlooking the city and then on to Allentown to visit America on Wheels
America On Wheels - Auto Museum Allentown, Pennsylvania, Lehigh Valley please plan to join us, it will be a good opportunity to get the snakes out of hibernation. We will be stopping for lunch along the way, (location to be determined). I will post more details by Sunday evening.:drive:

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our final destination on the Reading Pagoda has been changed due to some concerns over security at the museum, but never fear, we still have a great day planned, we will be starting from the Best Western Hotel parking lot at 09:30 on Saturday 4/24.
Hotel rooms are available for both Friday and Saturday nights for a Viper Club discount rate of $69.00, just mention that it is for the Viper Club when you call. I have 10 rooms set aside for those that may be interested in staying Friday, Saturday or both. We also have a hospitality room available for us at no charge to the club. They have continental breakfast and full service restaurant as well.
Best Western
815 S Eisenhower Blvd
Middletown Pa 17057
717-939-1600
We will be heading out towards Reading via Mt Gretna, the roads are good as I have just run the trip recently, there are a few areas that we will encounter some trafffic (as we get closer to Reading), but should not hinder us too much. After leaving Reading we will head north and east to visit a winery in the Lehigh Valley for a tour and some wine tasting before heading west to return to our starting point. This will be a good day for those that want to drive their Vipers, it will entail between 4 and 5 hours of drive :drive:time so wear your comfy driving slippers and bring your favorite CD Please RSVP and let me know if you plan to attend:2tu:

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody out there going to make the trip with us, we will be passing thru Mt Gretna about 10:15, then on to the Reading Pagoda, lunch in Lenhartsville, and then up the Blue Mountain Winery.

So far it looks like

Me and Vanessa
Dave and Betty

Surely there are more folks out there anxious to get their cars out

mkviper96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carmen,

I will be attending. I will be leaving the Lehigh Valley Area between 7:45 & 8:00am and driving to the meeting point in Harrisburg at 9:30am. Anyone interested in caravaning, just PM me.

Mike

BigJag

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carmen,

Sue and I will be attending. We will probably join the caravan somewhere along the way, either Mt. Gretna or Reading Pagoda.

Tom

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys..so far then we have

Dave and Betty
Mike and Suzanne
Tom and Sue
Me and Vanessa
Victor and Diane

Hopefully by the time I get home from work we will have a few more additions:2tu:

Last edited:

Jersey Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
willing to meet you anywhere in Reading if you will tolerate a Jersey guy. What time will you be out that way? :usa: my first official snake gathering... I would be thrilled to see a half dozen cars together for a short caravan.

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am guessing about 11:30ish, if you get there and we aren't there, just call us on our cell 717-599-6369.
Should be a nice ride

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All we need now is nice weather:2tu:

Dave and Betty
Mike and Suzanne
Tom and Sue
Me and Vanessa
Victor and Diane
Jeff (Jersey Jeff)
Brian and Penny
Elam and Danita
Scott (swexlin)

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Denny & I will NOT be attending. The Grandkids have taken priority over the Viper this time. J

Hopefully, we’ll see you all in May.

Ginger

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Denny, Ginger and Brian, it won't be the same without you:(, sorry you can't make it. Hopefully we will see you all in May

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ginger & Denny:

You will be missed. Enjoy the grand babies!!! They grow up way too fast...:)

Penny & Brian.....

Thanks! You are so right...they do grow up way toooooo fast.:( It's opening day for baseball with a parade and all. Cade will be playing his first "T" ball game. We just can't miss the excitement.

G

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody in the east heading out .... we will be making a stop on the turnpike to pickup Viper Ric @ rest stop mile 304 around 8:15am. That is the rest stop after downingtown and should have a starbucks if you choose to get there early. It should be about 1 hour ride from there to the group meeting place in Harrisburg

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See everybody at 09:30 at the Best Western Middletown:drive:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member