Removing Ugly Interior Labels

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you just swap visors, side-to-side, the decals are concealed!

Why not put a Viper sticker over the offending item?

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 20 years people will pay big dollars to have labels that look like the originals and are in the correct place on their complete ground up restoration viper.

That doesn't change the way they look, only another way of looking at them.

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Cody, with all due respect you would have to be a ***** to remove an original decal out of a Viper. Just be an adult and deal with the decals. Sorry if this is coming off strong, but I don't understand why people would want to "destroy" a collectors item.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my visors covered in black leather and they look great!!!
Andrew on the board did them for me for only $75
do a search and he has pics !! nice way to get rid of the stickers and still be able to go back to stock if someone ever wanted them stock again.

good luck
JIM

Reaction score
In a pinch at the track, we've simply covered the distracting labels with black racer's tape. Not the most elegant solution, but when you're traveling at speeds approaching 140mph, the last thing you need is a distraction!
For a more long-term solution, maybe a local auto parts store has black spray paint for vinyl surfaces. Just remove the visor, clean with rubbing alcohol, mask off the back side to avoid overspray, and paint the entire front side. Anyone tried this? Seems like it'd work fine.

Elite1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, remove the visor completely. They sure open the cockpit of the GTS. They weren't really functional anyway. The sun was always nailing me from the side where it peak in through the side of my sunglasses. Go get some dark tint for the windows. Problem solved and you can put them back on if you sell the car down the road!

N2 Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remove the visors. Steam them over a pan of boiling water on the stove. Using a sharp knife the stickers will come off. Takes about an hour, a real pain in the butt, but worth it.

Velox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also steamed off the visor labels, and a few residual areas of glue came right off with a small amount of solvent on a rag. I studied the dash airbag switch area and eventually decided to leave it alone, too much chance to make an irreversible error. I also didn't care for the labels on the door pillars which make sure you know that exhaust is hot... They are applied with a contact adhesive also, and come off with careful work. Windex eventually got off the gummy residue, as didn't want to try anything else on the painted surface. For those that are concerned with originality, these labels can be obtained from DC or eventually from online restorer shops.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AQX:
O.K. ...

A careful test of paint-remover left the white lettering
untouched - it must be heat-sealed onto there or something -
but it did start to remove the black paint on the
dash panel itself.
mad.gif

Michael

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The white lettering is most likly silk screened on. Kinda like the logos on a shirt. How would you remove the logo / image on a T-shirt? Not trying to be an A-hole, just trying to help.

As for the sticky stuff under the decals, try going to a sign supply store and get a bottle of adhisive remover (citrus based)