Ripley's Believe It Or Not ! Viper vs. Golf Cart !

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ripley\'s Believe It Or Not ! Viper vs. Golf Cart !

Those who have followed my musings here know that the Pac-NW VCA has participated in the Optima Battery World Championship EV Drag Races each year since 1996. We run stock-class Vipers vs each other, and then our fastest vs the fastest EVs in 1/4 mile drags www.nedra.com

We have a lot of fun..... They run "VOLTAGE" classes, ie 700v, 800v, 900v, with class in the window. [I run 12V !] We get beat every year, by 3/4 size dragsters who get in the 11s.....

RIPLEYS B.I.O.N. TV is covering Saturday's "Toasting" where a 700 volt GOLF CART is taking us on. Hmmmmm.

Interesting note: according to NEDRA, back in 1995-6, the Corvette Club and Porsche clubs refused the NEDRA invites, fearing to get beaten by EVs on TV. We race for fun, dont mind getting "fried-toasted-grilled-electrocuted" and Ripley's is making a nice donation to Dornboechers Children's Hospital on our VCA behalf. More later.........
f

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Ripley\'s Believe It Or Not ! Viper vs. Golf Cart !

Golf cart!!!!...Wacky!

You're spot-on, it's all about fun. Look forwards to hearing about it (and maybe pics...?!).

I'm off for a drag weekend. Drag racing isn't big in the UK, but the MOPAR Euro nats are being held this weekend in the UK. I shall of course be burning some 355 rubber, and hoping to get a few runs in on Sunday in the 11's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21