Roe TT

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've never taken either of my Vipers to the track. Tony Rockhold went 10.5s in my Sapphire GTS.

I have built and owned and driven many 9 and 10 sec cars that I ran at the track, but they were race and Prostreet cars. Not going to go to the track unless I build and instal a cage in my Viper.

I am going to design a cage that has easy out side bars since I bought fire pants and a couple of 5 pt seat belts to do some high speed road rally stuff. Might do the Silver State mile if I get to Nevada for it this year. I'd registered and paid for a Targa Rally this spring but the Gov. losers cancelled it. It's on my bucket list.

Ted

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys..... as far as building the car and then getting rid of it. The only reason im considering selling the car is due to the price of murcielagos has really dropped and I am looking at a good deal on one right now.

Believe me I am torn the viper is a bad *** looking car and with the edition of the Roe TT it moves along pretty dam good. The murci.... well thats just a **** car with not much go and I know that it will take a lot of money to get any where near the power I have in the snake.

The car is running great..... as far as getting used to the power with the nitto drag radials traction was not a huge problem unless you were at full throttle in first gear once you bang second even at full throttle minimal spin and hang on. I just put the stock tires back on due the lack of the cornering capabilities of the nittos. Now 1st and 2nd gear at anything more than half throttle not much traction. My safety in and out of traffic and around curves is a bit more important to me than a red light to red light race. The next tire purchase will be the pilot sport cups they have a nice low treadwear of 80 so they should do a nice job holding the power.

To sum it all up...... the car with the TT setup is awesome and if I keep the car I will be forging the motor this winter and put another 200 to 300 HP to it. The murcielago is so **** though!!!!

GONABITE I agree the Murcie is **** as hell but after owning both cars I can tell you that for a true hot roder the excitement of the Murcie wears off after a few months. Theres just nothing better then a feel and sound of a true American muscle car. You will be looking for another viper with in a year. I say do what you can to have both cars, even if it takes in a little while longer to get the Murcie. :2tu:

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my Murci! Get the car you will love it! I look at that thing and just go dam! Now maintence is high, but as long as you do all the oil changes it is rock soild!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have they improved their service/maintenance requirements now. Talking to a Ferrari guy and he said that he'd just gotten his 15,000mi./$18,000 "tune-up" done. He also said that he got about 10mpg. $1.00+ per mile for "regualr maintenance"? Isn't the Murci one of those class of cars?

He couldn't explain to me why he liked driving his Ferrari more than his Viper. The sound?

Ted

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have they improved their service/maintenance requirements now. Talking to a Ferrari guy and he said that he'd just gotten his 15,000mi./$18,000 "tune-up" done. He also said that he got about 10mpg. $1.00+ per mile for "regualr maintenance"? Isn't the Murci one of those class of cars?

He couldn't explain to me why he liked driving his Ferrari more than his Viper. The sound?

Ted

Not at all! Murcie is a completly diffrient when it comes to maintenance then Ferrari. I drove my murcie for 15k miles in the 1.5 years that i had it with nothing more then an oil changed and a brake Job. I sold the car with 23k miles on it and when I had it inspected it didnt need anything at all. Lamborghini states you need to change the clutch every 15k but i know guys with 50k on their cars with the original clutch. And those 50k are real driving miles!!!

Everyone is always scared of the Italian cars and their maintenance. Its nothing more then a car with an engine in it. If you are mechanically inclined you can do all the work your self. If not get ready to spend 15k on a clutch job when needed or if you find a local shop that works on lambos and other exotics, they can get it done with out the dealar tax for around 7k.

I needed new pads and rotors and the dealer quoted me $3,600 just for the fronts:omg:. So what i did is took the wheels off and examined the calipers, they are just normal Brembo calipers. Took the pads to a local speed shop. Had them order new pads that match what I had from EBC and had them resurface the rotors. Cost me $350 dollars total for front and rear.:headbang:

Lambo tax is ridiculous!!!

My suggestion get on a lambo forum and talk to all the guys on there. Im on Lambo Power You will find that lambos are very easy to work on compared to Ferrari's and most of the Lambo guys on the forum and gear heads like us and do most of the work them self's:2tu:

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, not bad at all. But if something does go wrong figure 15 grand.......But the Lambo is awesome!! A different experiance all together from a Viper

BillionDollarDan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
that expense would be enough to keep me away from the Lambo. If I had the money, I'd do it though. I simply could not afford it to be honest. My wife has said once I start bringing home $1 mil a year I can get a Ferrari... I still have maybe 7 years or more before that. If I even get there lol

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that expense would be enough to keep me away from the Lambo. If I had the money, I'd do it though. I simply could not afford it to be honest. My wife has said once I start bringing home $1 mil a year I can get a Ferrari... I still have maybe 7 years or more before that. If I even get there lol

I think maybe I over stated the cost part, but saying that if something does go wrong it will be expensive. Maybe not 15 grand. A clutch change on a Murci is 10 grand. A better option I think would be a Gallardo. Has the German enginering with the Lambo feel. Less expensive than the Murci to upkeep

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No matter what price you can get a Murci for now, it still fixes like a much more expensive car.

I'd say that if you can't drop 10 to 15k at the drop of a hat, then maybe neither Lambo is for you.

That would be cutting it pretty tight if you could find the scratch for the car, but not have any left if anything goes wrong.

JMHO not worth much........

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe people on a car forum are saying they wouldn't have a car because it made too much power. I drive around with my car set on around 1000. I have had zero issues driving it. No, you can't floor it and expect it to hook. You have to learn to drive the car, not that hard. I drive my car almost everyday the weather allows. I use it to get groceries, to eat, etc. I can drive it to the track with a 20" invo and run 5's in the 1/8th at over 120mph. I can run 9's on the lowest setting, street tires and drive it home.

Anyone that doesn't enjoy something capable of doing that, isn't a real car guy.

I 100% AGREE!!!!! I NEVER feel what the above owners are sayin I will take all the power I can afford..That don't mean you have to drive like a fool everywhere you go. Drive normal like any other car. Its when you can DRIVE it to the track, outrun half the RACECARS there and DRIVE back to the house after having all the fun you want. Now to me thats impressive. I have NEVER heard a real car guy say they want less power!! :dunno: :confused: :D :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth