Roller Rockers? Worth the upgrade or not?

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
as for me, I went with 1.75 T&Ds and rods, but kept the stock springs ... otherwise, I'd just go all the way with Stryker heads (jesel rockers included)

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you want to go fast get exhuast, a shifter, cold air, gears, and tires. and then have DC do there thing to the PCM Then you will go fast and still have a great stock motor. anything more go Paxton I just got back from the drag strip Wed.... Car was impossible to hook up until I hit third. then it went like a bullet, it was over in 4th. The power was amazing after DC did there thing.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So let say you change to the roller rockers, change vavle stems and springs. Is there a bennifit have stock heads ported or polished. And if you do this, I would think you would need to get a computer to adjust to these mods. Now wether you have the heads ported or not, will this create any problems on the pistons which I would think would be the weakest link at this point. I'm very much interested in this mod.

You can make NICE increases on heads/cam/valvetrain, and yes, you will need an SCT Flash Tool for computer changes. You will not create any problems for the stock bottom end unless you really push the compression up and use questionable gas or tune.

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a complete set of 05 rockers,Will gen3 stock roller fulcrum rockers bolt on a gen2 motor?:dunno:

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a complete set of 05 rockers,Will gen3 stock roller fulcrum rockers bolt on a gen2 motor?:dunno:

I am positive I read at least one thread where someone did this, as this is what I would like to do. I don't understand why it isn't done more often, as it seems like a good bang for the buck (although BFTB doesn't seem too important around here).

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am positive I read at least one thread where someone did this, as this is what I would like to do. I don't understand why it isn't done more often, as it seems like a good bang for the buck (although BFTB doesn't seem too important around here).

I also hoped someone would chime in on this.I am now running those on my 01.The only drawback I can find is that they are non adjustable and they are louder than the stamped steel rockers originaly in this motor.Now the motor sounds exactly like my 05 srt-10 motor sounds (loud in the valvetrane :dunno: ).Other than that it runs great.:2tu:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DO NOT UNDER ANY CICUMSTANCES PUT HARLAND SHARP ROLLER ROCKERS AKA ARROW ROLLER ROCKERS IN YOUR SRT10........THE STOCK SRT10 ROLLER ROCKERS ARE 1.73..WHILE THE HARLAND SHARPS/ARROW'S ARE 1.70-1.71....SO NOT ONLY WILL YOU NOT GAIN ANY RWHP..YOU COULD POSSIBLY LOOSE RWHP..AS WELL THE STOCK ROLLER ROCKERS HAVE PROVEN TO HOLD HUGE RWHP NUMBERS FROM 650 RWHP PAXTONS TO TWIN TURBO SET UPS....THE HARLAND SHARPS ON THE OTHER HAND BROKE AND STRESSED WITH ONLY 470 RWHP ON MY SRT10 VERT.....It should be noted that I also put Harland sharps on my 99 RT10 and I gained 12 rwhp on the dyno...But for the SRT10's NO WAYYYY

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much do the 1.8 roller rockers cost and the new springs? Damn, after 3 pgs one would think there would be a price in here somewhere!

And please dont send me a politically correct link.
Just tell me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4