safety requirements for 1 mile racing are?

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would like to do that 1 mile racing. but i don't know what the rules are in terms of safety? can anybody tell me what the requirements are? i assume u need a helmet, fire suit and 5 point restraints. is this correct? also do they require a roll bar and fire extinguisher? any other requirements for the driver or car please post. thanx

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me too me too, I want to give this a shot in North Carolina :) Anyone have a link to where one can sign up, thanx.

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They do this at laurinburg? I have autox'd there, and that "runway" isnt exactly in pristine shape. Did they clean it up? God help one of those bikes hitting a concrete expansion joint gone bad (which there are plenty), road debri or ??? They MUST of fixed up the runway some, right?

Nevertheless, You in their 200mph club Tony?

OP
OP
F

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am talking about that 1 mile drag race in nebraska, not land speed racing. u know the 1 mile stuff that paolo, svs turbo and west coast vipers did.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
God @#$%!#$@#! I dont want to put a roll bar in the car :( I guess I wont be running the mile race after all :mad:

Reaction score
GTS/RT Vipers and Vette coupes/targas are allowed to run the Grand sport division without a roll bar. It happens all the time at the Silverstate Classic in Nevada. Here's an excerpt from the one mile rules which say you need to meet the Grand Sport safety requirements:

B. Cars with factory built or factory reinforced roll structures may be allowed in the Grand Sport Division. They will be evaluated on a per car basis. The decision of the Race Director will be final.

So the answer is you don't need a roll bar, but always check with event people to be sure before you sign up. By the way, I have a roll bar and it's for me, not the rule book.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456