Sell '01 or '02s

Geoff Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Sell \'01 or \'02s

In the new Dodge magazine that I received last week, it states" the 2003 Dodge Viper will become the only production car in the world priced under $100,000.00 to develop 500H.P., 500lbs of torque with a 505 C.I. engine. What does that mean? Will it cost $75,000. or $95,000.

VardaMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Since no one is saying when a Gen III GTS will be made, I would think that those who prefer the coupe, should consider buying a
2001 or 2002. Just my thoughts, VardaMan.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Reply to Geoff -- one of the press releases made by Dodge, I just read, said they would try to keep it close to $75K. Same just mentioned by Automobile Mag today.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess my answer to that is with only around 1,500 units a year built, selling the remaining Vipers will not be all that difficult. Whoever mentioned the point about the "GTS" was right on. If you like the fixed roof, the only guarantee of obtaining one will be if you purchase a 01 or 02.

As for price? You will have plenty of notice once it is set. The goal and the actual price will be determined because of a multitude of factors. Things such as production and newly developed methods are still not complete. Therefore exact pricing must wait. I can say that the goal is to make sure the current Viper owners have a chance at buying a new one. In order to make that dream a possibility, Dodge will fight to TRY and keep pricing in the same ball park.