Shifter Bushing?

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the process of installing a Hurst Short Shifter on my RT/10, and following the instructions provided it suggests that you remove and inspect the Shifter Bushing to see if there is any damage or wear, and replace if necessary.

Mine is not in a hideous state, but there is something about it that says to me I should replace it, as it looks a bit tired.

Unfortunately Chuck (The Wizard) is unable to obtain this part from Dodge so I was wondering if anyone may have any ideas where I might be able to get hold of one? (It is a small cup bushing which the ball at the bottom of the shifter sits into.)

Having spoken to a UK company who rebuilds gearboxes, they have a draw full of T5 gearbox Shifter bushings but are uncertain if they are the same as for the T56 gearbox, so if anyone is able to answer that question too that would be extremely helpful.

Any advices would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance. Dave

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the rubber isolator, correct? I would say grab one of the T-5's and put it next to yours and see if they match up.

OP
OP
G

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately it's a 3hour drive each way in order to do that... I'm going to try and get some measurements for the guy for tomorrow so that he can see if they are a likely match.

I just wondered if there was anyone who could get hold of a definite part, or give me any advice on where else to try.

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave,

This box is used on the Corvette as well so try the Corvette dealers in the UK I know this word is swearing on this forum but its to help a pal out ........LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dave,

After making a few calls across the pond last night, I have discovered that the T5 gearbox bushing is the same part as the one for the T56, so I'm going to order one up and see how I go.

Just out of interest anyone used one of those Bronze inserts? What are they like? Any benefits to using them?

OP
OP
G

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The T56 is in production, but from what I can gather Dodge do not supply interior parts to their dealers, as they won't guarantee rebuild work to them, so if any work is required on a Gearbox they will always go with a replacement box. Therefore small parts such as this are no longer available through Dodge Dealers... As I understand it, the only way of getting internal Gearbox parts is to go to a rebuilder.

OP
OP
G

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an update for info purposes:

I have received the bushings today and yep they are the same.
(I bought one to fit and one as a spare)
I can now resume fitting of my new shifter... :2tu:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just an update for info purposes:
I have received the bushings today and yep they are the same.
(I bought one to fit and one as a spare)
I can now resume fitting of my new shifter... :2tu:

I hope the info was helpful.......

OP
OP
G

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the info was helpful.......

Hi Jon, yes thanks I got them in the UK in the end, but your friend definitely pointed me in the right direction.

Thankyou again for your time the other day by the way, it was nice to speak to you and what you advised about this and the brake discs was extremely helpful, and highly appreciated. :2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456