Should an 05' SRT be getting 10 mpg?

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ive got 10 mpg on all 4 Vipers I've Owned, Normal......Just depends what rpm you cruise at, period........

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get a huge range. I've gotten a solid 25mpg on the highway on a long (5hr) drive, I couldn't belive I got that high mpg. Normally driving around probably avg about 10-12 at best, that's a big range, but it's a big naturally aspirated engine. I think your mpg is normal for 'normal' driving.
Congrat's on a sweet ride & welcome to the forums!

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think his post has anything to do with the money. I think the gentleman is simply trying to figure out if there is anything wrong with his car.

I've had cars that went from getting 20 mpg to 10 mpg over the course of a year. That was a good indication that I had an issue with the car other than my right foot. That's when you begin checking plugs, plug wires, 02 sensors, fuel filters, etc. It wasn't about the money, it was about using fuel economy as a way of determining if there was some other issue with the car.

I don't think it's appropriate to jump on the guy for asking a question about gas mileage when he's simply trying to make sure that his car is normal and running like everyone else's.

First off I did not intend to jump on this guy or anyone else. The fuel mileage he is getting is in line with what the window sticker states on it. He asked what we are getting for fuel mileage and I told him what I get along with an additive that has increased the mpg on my modded viper. He never said his viper had a run-ability problem. Unless you have a run-ability issue then fuel mileage should be a non issue and cost if you can afford a viper and afford the insurance to drive it.

Robbie

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get 12-14 mpg around town. As low as 5 mpg on the track. That is with a Paxton. Pre-Paxton it was around 14 mpg.