Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just recently finished mine!
You must be registered for see images attach

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the exterior just about finished, interior is a work in progress..............

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is turning into a shrine for the 'Ring and Dominik...:D
More memorabilia on the way.

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ceiling are about 10' 3" works good for the viper. I can get the car about 6.5 ft off the ground. Im 6 foot so i works out good. The door opener is made by liftmaster, its called a jackshaft and mounts to the wall. Any garage door place can raise the rails also to get them up to the ceiling. I had same openers put on both doors. and one door the track raised. Cost about 1900.00 here in wv. I like to keep everthing "in its place". There is also a Full bathroom/shower in this garage in the back right corner, washer and dryer for car cleaning..lol I need a space for other misc lawn crap. But building something in my neighborhood takes an act of congress.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking good Mike. Lots of room in there!

Thanks guys, It is a 40X60', 14' ceilings, 2X6 build all insulated. Attic has storage, full length of the building. It will be a few more months before I get finished with it. Trying to do most of the work my self. :eek:

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I hand painted this on the wall:

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, It is a 40X60', 14' ceilings, 2X6 build all insulated. Attic has storage, full length of the building. It will be a few more months before I get finished with it. Trying to do most of the work my self. :eek:
Mike, let me know when you get a lil' closer to finishing it, I've got a couple of LSU Posters that would really look good in it! Lol!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, Now Ive been looking at this thread and looking at the wonderful garage pics posted up :hail:

But...........I have a bit of a problem with space, way too much stuff, very little time at the moment for my hobbies due to work, the Fall is well and truly with us so some of the garden stuff also has to be shoved in the garage! A whole bunch of parts waiting to go on the car,.........Motorcycles in bits, and as I said earlier no time to sort things out.

OK.........Deep breath.......Brace yourselves :omg:

You must be registered for see images

Reality check anyone?

I WILL GET STUCK IN SOON AND TIDY THINGS UP :D .........Just trying to work out where Im going to put the ACRX :D

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My boss's garage in his second home. Previous owners turned the bays into apartments. In January 2011 we started gutting it to restore it back to what it should be.
Demolition001.JPG

At the end of day one we got lots done, but still had lots to do.
Demolition02.JPG

By August we added an industrial compressor in a room under the steps, black pipe for air in all corners, and of course a four post, this was what it looked like in September. That's my red Viper on the lift and a couple others I did some work on.
BossGarage.JPG

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I notice in a lot of your buildings that wood is used as the primary material in construction.
If you have a garage under the house with living accommodation above, are your household insurance premiums higher due to risk of fire? Most houses in the UK are generally built using block work with a cavity then brick work on the outside the cavity's are filled with fiberglass insulation.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Codes vary but in general there needs to be a 'fire separation' between floors and walls. The separation is based on 'time' being the time fire would burn thru the separation. In addition the insurance rates do vary for type of construction, location and even size. My insurance company wanted to charge me a huge premium increase because my new garage exceeded the size of my house. I guess they just don't understand priorities.

I notice in a lot of your buildings that wood is used as the primary material in construction.
If you have a garage under the house with living accommodation above, are your household insurance premiums higher due to risk of fire? Most houses in the UK are generally built using block work with a cavity then brick work on the outside the cavity's are filled with fiberglass insulation.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This garage is concrete block for the first floor. The second floor is wood. The siding is wood. This old garage is solid but most Florida homes built in the last 30 years are crap. Florida is home to the most (both in quantity and magnitude) uninspiring architecture in the world. And that is not a typo, I really mean uninspiring.

Baked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's still a work in progress but it's coming along...

Attachments

• garage 005.jpg
    garage 005.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 123
  • garage 008.jpg
    garage 008.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 143
  • garage 006.jpg
    garage 006.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome CanadianViper, Love the SRT8 Jeep also.

What are your Viper logos made of, they are really nice?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte