smashed hardtop to repair

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a factory Mopar replacement fiberglass top for a gen II car, BARE NAKED. Outside is primer, inside is semigloss black. This top needs weatherstipping and latches, and maybe a headliner if you're picky.
If you have a smashed top, I am willing to buy the hardware off of you to make mine work, OR if you need a new top, I can sell you my naked top to get you back on the road. Does anybody know anyone that needs to negotiate a new top?

thanks

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a messed up SOFT top. I wonder if you could swap the hardware from that?

OP
OP
O

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could make the latches off my broken gen I softtop work with a little fabrication, but I don't know if the gen II latches will just bolt in or not. I'd rather not modify a perfectly good gen II hardtop.

I've got a cruise this weekend, so I'll compare hardware to some other genII cars. Hopefully the weather won't be perfect so people will take their hardtops and softtops.

OP
OP
O

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they do fasten differently, then I'll definately need some gen II hardware.

I didn't say so before, but this isn't going to go on my yellow car. I got burned on Ebay, they said it was a gen I top, but I didn't realize it for 4 months! Now I'm just trying to get something together to sell/negotiate so I can buy the new folding hardtop.

First $750 gets it to your door!

OP
OP
O

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anaconda, is it possible for you to post pictures of those soft-top latches. Unfortunately, noone in my club showed up with a gen II softtop for our cruise today.

thanks