So this big Dually with trailer arrives at my house......(pics)

Reaction score
So, I hear this noise...sounds like a big diesel coming down the court. I look out and what do I see?

2IMGP0067-med.JPG

I meet the man, Gary Almond, and his partners in crime....heading North, hopefully ahead of some flurries! They get the snake all snug inside, with boxes of goodies....this is just like Christmas!!

2IMGP0068-med.JPG

The car is happy, I am happy, and Gary is happy. He is, amazingly, right on the time-line. NOT a dig at Gary....just the nature of the business as he tells me...pickups can be delayed making your pick somewhat flexible, or he can make up time.

2IMGP0069-med.JPG

And, as he drives off into the overcast sunset....I pull my son's 928 up onto the lift. His car gets to enjoy the garage for a week or so (we have a small coolant leak to fix, and maybe some other things).

2IMGP0071-med.JPG

I met Gary last year at Heffner's shop, while dropping of Beckertb's RT/10 with Mark Cooper. It's gonna be a long week! Luckily I can sit here and stare at my cool wheels!! LOL!!

2IMGP0076-med.JPG

Just having some minor maintenance done, routine stuff, plus some hi flow cats. The real fun begins when it comes back and I get the holes in the rear decklid fixed and the freshly painted [******] wing installed. :)

Go Tator!
Go Dodge!

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Almond Man, service with a smile and on time delivery.

Cudaman :usa:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke to Gary earlier to day and he mentioned that your Snake was headed to Tator's (I believe)! Nice! :2tu:

You seem pretty excited to see her go! I wonder how excited you will be when she returns, refreshed and ready for the spring! :D

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
I am beyond excited....to just get all the projects ******* and finished. The wheels turned out great and I'll get them mounted next weekend in preparation for the return of the sssssssnake. The wing will be ready, and then I'll have to let my body guy have the car for a day or two....but then it will all be done and I'll be able to experience a little ROI. :)

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank goodness we all know what [******] means. :)

Tony, you have a [******] wing, but you still won't let [******] even be mentioned on the site? It's been a while now, why not let [******] back on the board, or at least let the word [******] be shown on here. ******************************************************************************** ******************************************************************************** ************** ******************************************************************************* ****************************************************************************** ***************** ****************************************************************************** ******************************************************************************* *****************

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Tony, you have a [******] wing, but you still won't let [******] even be mentioned on the site? It's been a while now, why not let [******] back on the board, or at least let the word [******] be shown on here.

I don't like [******], agree with [******]'s foul business practices, nor would I even buy a vehicle that had ever been modified by [******], but BC has a point...

How about allowing his name to appear now, then after full public disclosure of restitution to the wronged customers, posting privileges?

Just a thought. But replacing [******] with [******] is pointless because everyone knows who [******] is!

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome Tony! Can't wait to see you at tators! BTW where did you get that sign above your garage door. I like that.

Ron

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Ron, I got it on Ebay many moons ago. It seemed to make this little house a home when I moved in. I have 2 more years to fix things up around here, then I break my son's plate and bend his fork....he's outta here! :) Then the wife and I will have the 3-car garage I always wanted. LOL!!!

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
I got the front splitter from Kevin last Christmas (2003). That was what got me to remove the front fascia for the first time. :) Having done that, I figured I could do the back as well....much harder IMHO. :) I think some dude named Smokin ( :) ) has the front AND side splitters from Kevin, or at least he did at one time. Yes, carbon fiber. :)

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
) I think some dude named Smokin ( :) ) has the front AND side splitters from Kevin, or at least he did at one time.

Don't tell me you went to the dark side and even delt with Smoking! :D

Cudaman :usa:

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, it has got to feel good to see your snake heading off to Tators, but at the same time I know how much you will be missing her, I can feel you there Bro.

Good thing the weather here is for crap, that will help some....

what you going to do while she is away? work on the sons car?

Please keep us updated, no rush, car shows start at the end of March...

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I meet the man, Gary Almond, and his partners in crime....heading North, hopefully ahead of some flurries!

Flurries!? Does 6 to 8 inches of snow count as "Flurries"? :)

And just think, about 1 1/2 weeks ago I was sitting in San Diego -- ahhhhhh, the good ole days!

I'm just sitting here in the motel waiting for the roads to clear up before I drive the last few miles to Tator's. Then I'm headed for warmer weather!

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Viva TEJAS!!!!

KMA mean anything to you??? LOL!

So, I get this voice mail:

Chuck:Tony, this is The Wizard...are you sitting down? Seriously......you sitting down now?.....

Then he laughs and says all is well. Gary dropped off the car (as if there was ANY doubt) and the routine maintenance would start in the AM. I call Chuck and he confirms the VM...all is right in the world. Gary calls shortly thereafter and re-confirms all is right in the world, that he made it safe and is now (as noted above) off to warmer weather.

Now....all I need to do is get a certain person in NC to finish with a certain person's trailer and I'll be able to take my car off Chuck's hands in a week or so. :)

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, you are a kid in a candy store! :D

Isn't it amazing how the Viper Bug can affect one?! Oh, and then there's the MOD bug! A whole other ball game!! :p

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I get this voice mail:

Chuck:Tony, this is The Wizard...are you sitting down? Seriously......you sitting down now?.....

Then he laughs and says all is well. Gary dropped off the car (as if there was ANY doubt) and the routine maintenance would start in the AM. I call Chuck and he confirms the VM...all is right in the world. Gary calls shortly thereafter and re-confirms all is right in the world, that he made it safe and is now (as noted above) off to warmer weather.

Now....all I need to do is get a certain person in NC to finish with a certain person's trailer and I'll be able to take my car off Chuck's hands in a week or so. :)

Tony, after I left that message, I had a great time doing donuts in my parking lot with 7" of fresh snow on the ground! :D Not much of a rooster tail comes of your tires! :mad:

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipermad,

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but how hard was the front splitter to install? How much of a difference does it make and do you need the rear wing in order to counter the additional front downforce? Just wondering....I think they look awesome on the 98 GT2's and was wondering if it is cost effective and easy to do (or not). Thanks!

Frank

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Chuck....Have you ever seen the OLD movie "Paint your Wagon" with Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood? There is a point, in the bar, where Lee Marvin takes a young man upstairs for his first ride. He tells her:

"I give you the boy....give me back the man"

I (ALMOST) don't care what you do with my car...just give me BACK the MAN! :) Had I known you needed to annoy the neighbors I would have left on the good tires. As it is, you got the old stocker wheels, no center caps, and tired old MXX3's (stockers as well). LOL!!

Frank....I am KING POSER so I hardly get to any speeds where I would tell the difference with the front splitter. I, too, loved the 98 GT2's, hence the fornt splitter and canards (side splitters are in the garage, spring re-paint time).

All in all everything went as good as could be expected. I had originally hoped to have the car to Chuck on Friday or Sat......but my plans did not pan out and GaryA came to the rescue (THANK GOODNESS!!!). And he braved the snow...I hope he made it home OK!

Hey Chuck.....you done yet?!!??!! :)

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heh heh rooster tails in the snow. :D It's mostly slush here. Pretty easy to clean up.

Hey Chuck,
I got a question for ya wizard, I really want to make tators this year and lots of buds want me to come. Can I join in and get a spot out back or something, so I can easliy pull out the bike out of the rear or the van? It might need some tatorization too!

Ron

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary Almond is the man. He delivered mine a couple months back on a snowy winter day. He spent over an hour trying to get his trailer into my tight driveway and never lost his patience or gave up until the car met the garage. Kudos to Gary. I wouldn't choose anyone else...ever!

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian,

I always like a challenge and that one almost got the best of me! I'm not so sure about the "never lost his patience" part though! hahaha!

Good to hear from you and thanks for the compliments.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456