So what gets more attention--coup or verts?

VIPER 93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Took about 100 mile drive today, I would have to say with all the cameras and thumbs up it would have be VVO Coupe

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious as to whether the coupes or verts get more looks and attention. I know they both get a ton but does anyone know from experience gets more?

My guess would be, from first to last,

1. Vert with top down
2. Coupe
3. Vert with top up

<<That's a no brainer! My Viper with top down, got more looks in the first several months of ownership, than my 04 F 360 Modena (coupe) got in 5 years!!>>

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering the back of the vert looks like a chrysler concord.... its up in the air?? WOW look at that convertible concord with the big steam roller tires..... wait thats a Viper
They are both beautiful cars go with what YOU like.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Who cares? Nothing beats a black GTS.

Just sayin'.

:lmao: 'cept for a Silver striped Sapphire Roe sc'd GTS. :2tu:

The one pic shows a line of Vipers and the coupe with stripes looks like a striped GTS - beautiful.

The ACR has "Tow Me" tires on it, but I'm adding a Venom rear spoiler to my GTS (the 2000 ACR I just bought already has one) because the subtle spoiler adds to the looks of the GTS and blends into the bodylines. I think the Venom spoiler 'speaks softly' while the large wings like Mopar Boy and the new ACRs have don't do anything softly, they scream "You'd Better be Lookin' at ME." :headbang:

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to a car show this weekend with some of my Lambo buddies and we parked out front. I would say officially my 05 yellow Viper with the top down generated the most attention. The reason..... My 7 month old baby boy was in his car seat sound asleep in the passenger seat as we pulled up and everyone that walked by stopped instantly and of course the Ohhhs and the ahhhhs started and the cameras came out. Must have been 100 people take pics of him in the car. It was cool.

Funny story. While we were standing around talking my Lambo buddies all made their " looks like a Corvette" comments about my Viper. As we are standing there a man and his 2 kids walk by and the little kid walks by my Viper and screams at his dad " Look dad.. a Corvette !!! "... We all chuckled and then he gets to the car parked right behind mine.. the Diablo. The same kid gets to the side of the Diablo and screams at his dad again... " Look dad...ANOTHER CORVETTE!!!!". :omg: I fricking neared pi$ sed myself laughing so hard as did my buddy who was standing there who owned the Diablo and heard the whole thing. It was hilarious and of course I made sure all the other Lambo owners heard the story....LOL. Great bunch of guys and nobody takes their cars too serious so we all got a good chuckle out of it. Kids say the darndest things. :lmao::D

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ha ha ha...

I had one co worker think my car was a vette....He was all impressed...he said..'man, that yellow vette of yours is awesome...The new body style is really kool..How can you afford that thing..Then someone corrected him and told him that it was a Viper....he got this weird look in his eye and said...how can you AFORD a viper?!

It's realy sad..As awesome as driving with the top down is here in hawaii..Im to lazy to put it down!

2003 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love all Vipers but when I saw this one I just had to have it! 5 years later and never a problem I still love her.:) It is a blast to drive with the top down!

You must be registered for see images attach

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont buy a car for the attnetion

If you got a Viper, too late. I didn't but I get it anyway. Obviously YOU will get the most attention in a top down Vert. At a stop, a young lady in the car next to me said I shouldn't be driving around in the Viper without a female passenger. She was a passenger in the back seat - I should have told her to hop in. :(

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1)The hot carshow model.
2)ACR
3)Vert. Top down
4)Coupe
5)Vert. Top up

V

Venomiss

Viper that you can win for $125 always get the most attention.
Last day for VCA members to purchase raffle tickets.

DSCF3829.JPG

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since I drive my GTS a lot and it has trunk space for 4 small suitcases and double the cargo area of a vert.

A vert would mean no security and a trailer for the wife's shoes and extra suitcase.

Ted

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Coupes and Verts are about equal.

Striped cars get more attention than non-striped cars.

Lighter color cars, modded cars, etc get more attention than stock.

However, Vert drivers will get more attention than coupe drivers due to the ease of accessibility. :drive: