So what happened to the Roe Supercharger for GENIII ???

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have information on the Roe supercharger for the gen III? Last I read it was done but he was having a hard time getting it produced? That may be rumor but I wasn't sure if anyone has heard anything about it lately:dunno:?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have information on the Roe supercharger for the gen III? Last I read it was done but he was having a hard time getting it produced? That may be rumor but I wasn't sure if anyone has heard anything about it lately:dunno:?

Hi Shandon, I'm sure Sean will chime in here...he's been good about keeping me up to date on the progress...and nope, not available as of yet. I'll let him chime in...or you can PM him, only if you go under the Members List and pm him that way...pm's aren't working properly on threads. You'll know when I know, I'm sure!!! :) ~juli

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe Sean was having a hard time besting the Paxton.

If I know Sean he will not come out with something unless it has some serious performance benefits.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe Sean was having a hard time besting the Paxton.
If I know Sean he will not come out with something unless it has some serious performance benefits.

I know Sean won't come out with a less-than quality product...the s/c is worth waiting for. Agree with you Paul.
~juli

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No recent information. Last postings were about 6 months ago with Sean indicating he was working on a deal to have a hood as part of the package as the supercharger would not fit under the stock 2003-2006 hood.

As far as the other non-value added post here are some facts. In 2003 Sean showed some pics and promises of the forthcoming supercharger. In late 2003 as I was approaching a buy point for a supercharger I asked some pertinent questions and concluded that a Roe supercharger was not in the offing in the near future. So I bought a Paxton instead. Could not have been happier. Had I been waiting back in the winter of 2003 I would still be waiting. A long wait with still no clarity as to the timing. So, though I value Sean's products (I purchased several Roe parts for my Gen I), there is no question that had I put all of my eggs in that basket I would be have been displeased.

My $0.02 from someone who has been around more than a year and who does not post 20-30 times a day.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No recent information. Last postings were about 6 months ago with Sean indicating he was working on a deal to have a hood as part of the package as the supercharger would not fit under the stock 2003-2006 hood.
As far as the other non-value added post here are some facts. In 2003 Sean showed some pics and promises of the forthcoming supercharger. In late 2003 as I was approaching a buy point for a supercharger I asked some pertinent questions and concluded that a Roe supercharger was not in the offing in the near future. So I bought a Paxton instead. Could not have been happier. Had I been waiting back in the winter of 2003 I would still be waiting. A long wait with still no clarity as to the timing. So, though I value Sean's products (I purchased several Roe parts for my Gen I), there is no question that had I put all of my eggs in that basket I would be have been displeased.
My $0.02 from someone who has been around more than a year and who does not post 20-30 times a day.

Hmmmmmm....wonder WHO you could be talking about??? We have our OWN reasons for NOT choosing the Paxton...as far as my non-value post was about...I'll leave it at that...we choose to wait for a quality product from Sean...in no hurry. You cannot possibly offend me, drat, huh?!!~~~LOL...juli/the 20-30 poster in a day, gosh, at LEAST!
:smirk::eater:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, we heard from the peanut gallery but how about hearing from the source. Sean?

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I personally think he is now just a little too late for the Gen 3. He might as well focus on the 08 Gen 4 and get something out soon.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally think he is now just a little too late for the Gen 3. He might as well focus on the 08 Gen 4 and get something out soon.

I agree that it has been a long waiting game and the longer it goes, people are just going paxton. But there are enough of these cars on the street and some bargains to be had with purchasing an 03-06 that there still is a market for another option. I for one have not jumped on a paxton yet for many reasons and this is one small one. I will be holding on to my car and it will eventually get additional power. Right now I am not ready to dump that kind of cash into it but when I am, i hope i have several options...

redlineviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i talked to Sean about a month ago asking about the gen 3. He explained that he had a few personal things that have required his attention and is starting to get back to finishing the package. He could not offer a release date but suggested it was likely it would be available around 6 monthsish. He also said it will make about 585 rwhp with 5 psi on a stock engine and I believe he said it would be about 7k? Very nice guy and seems he cares enough not to release something before its ready which can be a great thing.

V

Venomiss

Maybe Juli and I should pay you the $.02 to have a positive nice thing to say when addressing others here. ;)

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gotta be honest here, even though I love Sean Roe...585 rwhp does not seem competitive to the n/a options out there. A good head/cam job will cost you similar, w/out the extra weight and heat soak, and give you similar power.

I would run my 528 rwhp n/a car against a 585 s/c car anyday....I am 100 lbs lighter and have no heak soak issues. I think that would be a close race...and that I might even win that race on a warm day in Texas or Florida.

You can get ported heads and cam and 10.2:1 c/r from Tator on a Viper that will deliver 560-600 rwhp (throw in VEC 3 and headers). That will cost you like 7-9k? Add headers and VEC and you are at like 10-12k. And you have no heat soak and no extra 100 lbs.

Now, having said that, it would be sweet to put the Roe charger on my current n/a set up! Now we are talking monstrous acceleration. But I would do the n/a stuff prior to doing the s/c option w/ the Roe.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I gotta be honest here, even though I love Sean Roe...585 rwhp does not seem competitive to the n/a options out there. A good head/cam job will cost you similar, w/out the extra weight and heat soak, and give you similar power.

I would run my 528 rwhp n/a car against a 585 s/c car anyday....I am 100 lbs lighter and have no heak soak issues. I think that would be a close race...and that I might even win that race on a warm day in Texas or Florida.

You can get ported heads and cam and 10.2:1 c/r from Tator on a Viper that will deliver 560-600 rwhp (throw in VEC 3 and headers). That will cost you like 7-9k? Add headers and VEC and you are at like 10-12k. And you have no heat soak and no extra 100 lbs. Now, having said that, it would be sweet to put the Roe charger on my current n/a set up! Now we are talking monstrous acceleration. But I would do the n/a stuff prior to doing the s/c option w/ the Roe.

You must be reffering to a Paxton 585rwhp since it doesn't get much more than 20rwhp over stock and little torque increase until after 3500rpm. A Roe makes MAX torque immediately! Your n/a will make more torque than most Paxtons (except big kits), but it's nowhere near the probable 590rwtq@ 2,000rpm that a Positive Displacment (Roe) supercharger makes.

It also said "at 5# boost". My 10# boost makes about 800rwtq and 720rwhp. My car went 10.5@139mph on stock tires with the Roe. Not saying that you should get a Roe, just don't expect to be able to beat one. My 8.5# Roe with all stock except Cat and back exhaust made 598rwhp and 644rwtq for about $8,000

All engines experience "heat soak". Turn off your engine after driving it, turn the key back on and watch the temp guage go up. If you run nearly anycar 'back to back' you'll notice that they all slow down the more they heat soak. Some more than others. There's ways to minimize or cancel out heat soak. Dry Ice, wait time, fans, Nitrous Oxide works well, water/**** inj., C0 is sometimes used. etc. etc.

You can't put much boost on a car with 10.2 comp, that's one reason for the 5# pulley - don't melt the cast pistons - but once you instal forged 9-1 pistons you can run much more boost without melting the pistons out of the motor.

Roeracing has a Gen3sc system for the SRT10 pick up (see Roe Racing Performance Parts), but it's intake is on the top. Wanna chop your hood or add a scoop? I con't see why it wouldn't fit as long as you have a hole in your hood. I haven't asked because I have a Gen2. Since it seems that some people have an issue (?) with Sean, you could call Larry Macedo and ask him to build it for you. My engine was done by him and it's reliable.

I bought a front axle big brake kit from Sean last week. It was $1000 cheaper than the other site I priced from on the internet.

I love my Roe so much that I wouldn't even buy a Gen3 if I couldn't put a Roe on it. Besides, I love my Gen 2!

Ted

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just saw a local shop install a Roe SuperCharger on the Viper Truck. I believe the truck made descent power as well.
It was definitely a big bulky looking unit, not quite as smooth and finished as the Gen I and Gen II units.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be reffering to a Paxton 585rwhp since it doesn't get much more than 20rwhp over stock and little torque increase until after 3500rpm. A Roe makes MAX torque immediately! Your n/a will make more torque than most Paxtons (except big kits), but it's nowhere near the probable 590rwtq@ 2,000rpm that a Positive Displacment (Roe) supercharger makes.

It also said "at 5# boost". My 10# boost makes about 800rwtq and 720rwhp. My car went 10.5@139mph on stock tires with the Roe. Not saying that you should get a Roe, just don't expect to be able to beat one. My 8.5# Roe with all stock except Cat and back exhaust made 598rwhp and 644rwtq for about $8,000

All engines experience "heat soak". Turn off your engine after driving it, turn the key back on and watch the temp guage go up. If you run nearly anycar 'back to back' you'll notice that they all slow down the more they heat soak. Some more than others. There's ways to minimize or cancel out heat soak. Dry Ice, wait time, fans, Nitrous Oxide works well, water/**** inj., C0 is sometimes used. etc. etc.

You can't put much boost on a car with 10.2 comp, that's one reason for the 5# pulley - don't melt the cast pistons - but once you instal forged 9-1 pistons you can run much more boost without melting the pistons out of the motor.

Roeracing has a Gen3sc system for the SRT10 pick up (see Roe Racing Performance Parts), but it's intake is on the top. Wanna chop your hood or add a scoop? I con't see why it wouldn't fit as long as you have a hole in your hood. I haven't asked because I have a Gen2. Since it seems that some people have an issue (?) with Sean, you could call Larry Macedo and ask him to build it for you. My engine was done by him and it's reliable.

I bought a front axle big brake kit from Sean last week. It was $1000 cheaper than the other site I priced from on the internet.

I love my Roe so much that I wouldn't even buy a Gen3 if I couldn't put a Roe on it. Besides, I love my Gen 2!

Ted
Excellent points, especially the part about only 5# of boost. Does Larry Macedo build screw blowers? I thought Roe was the only game in town for that kind of s/c.
I dont have an issue w/ Sean personally, I buy most of my mods from him. I am, however, very aggravated that it is taking him this long to release the Gen 3 blower. I understand what is going on behind the scenes...but geez! Hell, he let a whole generation of Vipers go by w/out releasing a blower! ***???
However, Sean was the key in getting my tuning correct so my Viper is putting down 528 rwhp, so I have nothing but respect for him!

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ram SRT-10s are making 600-620 rwhp on stock internals. The trucks also have about an 18% drive train loss which is more than a Viper.

I don't know anything about the development of the Gen III car set up but I suspect that it is more than just a hood issue that's holding things up. Seems to me that a hood issue would take less than 5 years to figure out.:dunno:

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

It will be released. It will be done right.
It took me two years to design, develop and produce the first Supercharger kit, which became available at the end of 2002, when the Gen2 production had already stopped.
It was another two years before I released the Gen1 kit, a full eight years after the last Gen1 was produced. Even though the cars were no longer being made, between the two models, we’ve sent out over 450 kits.
Since the Gen1 kit was released in 2004, I worked on both the car and the truck. I released the truck first (at the end of ’06) and we’ve sent out about 60 of those.
Developing a kit that I feel right about for the car has been the toughest challenge I’ve ever had in manufacturing. However, I’m in a very good place now with regard to knowledge, resources and time. I have piles of Supercharger parts I’ve tested on the Gen3’s and will not be putting all that time, money and experience to waste.
If you must have a Supercharger kit today, buy a Paxton. If you have a little time while the weather is cold, wait and see what I release. I will do the best I can for everyone.

Regards,
Sean

PS. The personal things that I went through from September ’05 to Sept. ’07 really took a tremendous toll on me. I’m very appreciative of the friends I have in the Viper community that helped me get through it without caving under the pressure. I’m building this kit for them.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, Sean for addressing everyone's concerns here. It helps to hear directly from the source...as you know, you always have our support. ~juli

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

It will be released. It will be done right.
It took me two years to design, develop and produce the first Supercharger kit, which became available at the end of 2002, when the Gen2 production had already stopped.
It was another two years before I released the Gen1 kit, a full eight years after the last Gen1 was produced. Even though the cars were no longer being made, between the two models, we’ve sent out over 450 kits.
Since the Gen1 kit was released in 2004, I worked on both the car and the truck. I released the truck first (at the end of ’06) and we’ve sent out about 60 of those.
Developing a kit that I feel right about for the car has been the toughest challenge I’ve ever had in manufacturing. However, I’m in a very good place now with regard to knowledge, resources and time. I have piles of Supercharger parts I’ve tested on the Gen3’s and will not be putting all that time, money and experience to waste.
If you must have a Supercharger kit today, buy a Paxton. If you have a little time while the weather is cold, wait and see what I release. I will do the best I can for everyone.

Regards,
Sean

PS. The personal things that I went through from September ’05 to Sept. ’07 really took a tremendous toll on me. I’m very appreciative of the friends I have in the Viper community that helped me get through it without caving under the pressure. I’m building this kit for them.

Sean good to hear from you and very well said. Do it and do it right. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. You have my attention.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There you have it, directly from the source. :2tu:

If the Gen III kit is anywhere near as good as the Gen II kit it'll be well worth the wait. :headbang::headbang::headbang:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats what this club is all about helping and sharing...

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats what this club is all about helping and sharing...

FOR SURE, Baz....and luckily Sean knows it. He has LOTS of supporters here, and he DID go thru a rough patch. Glad you feel the same way, Baz, that we're here to help and share~~~! :2tu: Which you do quite well yourself, helping others here, thank you. ~juli

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got another 1.5 years or 32000 miles of warranty left, take your time.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had a Roe S/C on my Gen 1, and couldn't have been happier. That car was totaled last March, and purchased an 05 Comm. Edition and just couldn't wait for the Roe. I am very, very happy with the Paxton, and a 10.29 at 139mph is a great example of what a 5# boost can do with the correct tune. Do I NEED any more power? Not really, couldn't put it to the ground anyway. If I had my choice which would I buy? Not choosing to change the hood on the car due to the added expense, I would choose the Paxton again. If it had to do with the R & D, and the customer service, Sean all the way, although Paxton has been great when I needed answers. It's what YOU choose from an S/C that should and ultimately will make your decision. Both have their merits, and their detractions, but Sean is first rate, and has been nothing but GREAT help for me with any purchase that I made from him. What is my .02 worth? Just about .02! But, take what you want from my .02 and use it, or abuse it!

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is rare that the owner of a company will offer his cell phone to help w/ tuning. But that is exactly what Sean Roe did to get my n/a car to run right w/ his VEC 3. Totally a class act.
As far as which forced induction method to use, I must admit I am totally stumped. I dont like instant power down low b/c on stock PS2's I think there would be too much of a traction problem. But that is also how TT's kick in and most in this forum say that is the way to go were it not for the price. There are endless arguments on both the Paxton and the Roe side. The only way to really tell would be to drive both a Gen 3 w/ Paxton and a Gen 3 w/ a Roe and see which is better.
It is interesting that all top car manufacturers take Seans approach to s/c'ing, and not the Paxton route. They must be on to something.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to hear. Looking forward to pictures from 5 angles so I can let my scratchbuilding fingers have a go at doing the job in scale 1:18!