some ***** hit my baby in a parking lot ... need color code for crystal slate paint

RDV-001

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Today some ***** hit my car in the underground parking of a hospital. Guess what ... they didn't leave their name, address or phone number behind. My front bumper has minor damage (scuff marks next to the fog light and on the wheelarch, scratches and paint from the white oponent.

I just want my baby back as she was so I contacted a friends bodyshop and they said I need a small paintjob (front bumper). Not a big deal but he wants to be sure on the color code.

I have a 2006 vert in Crystal Slate Pearl. Where do I get the right color?

I have one deeper scratch on the bumper. Can I use some filler or do I need to replace the bumper?

regards from Belgium, Roland

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: some ***** hit my baby in a parking lot ... need color code for crystal slate pai

Your paint code is on the build sticker on the driver's door jamb, along with build date, etc.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: some ***** hit my baby in a parking lot ... need color code for crystal slate pai

look on the door sticker that has your VIN. At the bottom you will see the word paint followed by a 3 letter code. that is the paint code.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score

more than you need.

DAP - Viper Slate Crystal Pearlcoat
SBE - GTS Blue Pearl Clearcoat
LRN - Viper Red Clearcoat
MX3 - Viper Black Clearcoat
PAK-W - Sparkle Silver Metallic Clearcoat (Wheel Color)
XZA-W - Satin Silver Metallic Clearcoat (Wheel Color

Bruce

OP
OP
R

RDV-001

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thnx guys for the fast answers. Just checked it out and aparently Viper Slate Crystal has code PAP on my door sticker. When I google on PAP and on DAP like Bruce states in his reply I both get Slate Crystal Pearlcoat. Is there a difference?

Roland

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to have a 06 in that color. Great color, very hard to match because of all the pearl.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

post a picture of the damage, you would be surprised at what you can buffed out, if the other persons car left paint that could be a good sign that most of the damage can be removed if the scratched are not deep

gutterworks129

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Use the paint code to get started and do some samples to sure it is spot on. The paint shop had to adjust the paint when painting my front bumper cover but it looks great. They had to use the Dupont paint scanner and add a few drops of black to change shade of blue paint.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but did you check to see if there are any cameras in the parking garage...maybe at the entry/exit areas that may give you leads as to the white culprit.

ExplorerThis

Viper Owner
Reaction score

thats *****!

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but did you check to see if there are any cameras in the parking garage...maybe at the entry/exit areas that may give you leads as to the white culprit.

Yes. Do this. Part of my job is catching the people who commit hit and run. It's a longshot, but it does lead to results sometimes.

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score

post a picture of the damage, you would be surprised at what you can buffed out, if the other persons car left paint that could be a good sign that most of the damage can be removed if the scratched are not deep

I wouldn't mind seeing the damage too. I'm one of those people that slow down for accidents... sorry about the damage though man. That *****.

OP
OP
R

RDV-001

Viper Owner
Reaction score

will post pics tomorrow, we were on a small weekend during Easter after I tucked in the Viper

I filed a complaint at the local police station against an unknown person. Already asked the hospital to look at their video but they are not willing to cooperate. One of the security staff stated that if you can drive an exotic car you can cope with minor damages. Luckily my pregnant wife was standing next to me because if she wasn't I he had to search for 32 new teeth!

R.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score

will post pics tomorrow, we were on a small weekend during Easter after I tucked in the Viper

I filed a complaint at the local police station against an unknown person. Already asked the hospital to look at their video but they are not willing to cooperate. One of the security staff stated that if you can drive an exotic car you can cope with minor damages. Luckily my pregnant wife was standing next to me because if she wasn't I he had to search for 32 new teeth!

R.

That is a stupid comment. My officers routinely look at video to see who scratched someone's car or backed into them. We only ever have two Vipers in the parking lot; but, we don't care if it is an exotic or a Prius, it's someone's car.

Last edited:

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hate to say this but even if you do file a complaint, I seriously doubt the police are going to spend time and effort tracking down someone for a very minor parking lot mishap. In some major cities (including in the one I'm currently living in - I know because I've been there and done that), they won't even bother coming out to investigate a break-in. If you try to pursue it on the civil end, you're looking at the time and expense for a ~$200 repair at best. And by the way, some establishments won't turn over video footage or cooperate unless they are under subpoena from a local authority.

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Already asked the hospital to look at their video but they are not willing to cooperate. One of the security staff stated that if you can drive an exotic car you can cope with minor damages.

This person deserves to be fired. Hope your police department looks into it - the hospital may change their tune when the cops are asking for video.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I say go back with a rock soiled rag and "clean" a white car that has rub damage on it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte