Sooooooooo....

OP
OP
W

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They'll announce when they're good and ready, but you would think announcing at the very beginning would create an insane buzz among all of the Viper owners for the entire time in Vegas that people will have deposit checks in hand for one of them.

This... does not look good.

SRT10Mike

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They'll announce when they're good and ready, but you would think announcing at the very beginning would create an insane buzz among all of the Viper owners for the entire time in Vegas that people will have deposit checks in hand for one of them.

This... does not look good.

Good point...get the order commitments before they gamble away the money!!

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm,

My $.02 here.

DC is in a world of hurt across the board, this story out yesterday:

Autoweek:DC Inventory Glut

That story reminds me of all the 2005 Vipers being released over the past few months out of DC's "back lot". Fresh with window stickers for the dealers receiving them (because these cars never "left the factory" in the first place). And fresh with heavy discounting from DC (window stickers still reflect same pricing as when originally produced). For instance, Copperheads with 'no miles' being sold for $66,000, an offer made to me by a local dealer who has already sold that car.

I personally know of more than 50 2005 SRT-10s being released in the past few months. I'm sure there are a lot more too. I have also heard of a number of brand new in the box 2004 SRT-10s in DC's backlot too.

That plus the serious stockpile of 06's (also being heavily discounted by 15K off window sticker or more) means the Vipers are way over produced.

That much seems to be fact.

OK, putting it all together, DC has way too much inventory across the board and especially too many Vipers.

I really wonder when Viper production will resume. Sure the rumors are anywhere from this January to next May/June. But, I think DC hasn't made its mind up when it will turn it back on. We may have to wait until the actual year 2008 to see production resume. This thought is because of two things, one there are a whole lot of 2005/2006 Vipers to sell, and, two, DC is 'dumping' them at well below dealer cost meaning it's going to be a mighty tough sell to come out with an '08 model in a few months and expect anyone to pay 'retail' for them while the 05/06 inventory is being sold at such low prices.

DC is going to have to clean out that inventory before introducing 'another' new Viper in the mix and not have to discount it like crazy. By the way, after the back inventory is all moved out, who will be left to buy a new Viper that is just a simple refresh of an 05/06, nobody probably, so the '08 will have to really kick some butt to be attractive at a price anywhere near retail/sticker.

All in all, I am not as surprised as everyone else is that DC has not yet shown the new Viper (new meaning 08 not Gen IV) at VOI.9.

If DC can't get its self back together (the entire sales organization, not just Vipers) then they will have bigger fish to fry than turning back on Viper production...besides that, the Viper isn't used in marketing as effectively as it should be though I did see a TV ad last night for ATT broadband that used the Viper (black coupe).

-J

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And that ATT advertisement is really pretty good in it's showing of the SRT. Seen it twice now. However, the sound of it moving down the road in the last segment doesn't sound like a V10. Sounds V8.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully with the next Viper they wont put so many damn Special Editions out and think about making a smaller number per year.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yellow 32, good points.

My thought is this:

A. If the new product is far superior in performance, for not much more $, they may not want to release it, because they'll never move the 05/06s.

B. If the new product is superior, and a lot MORE $, they should announce asap, because that may cause many people to buy those 05s/06s (who are likely on the fence waiting to hear/see the new vehicle & price).

C. Or, maybe they're just enjoying watching all of the anticipation... ????????

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They will lose more than $1.5 BILLION this quarter, too much inventory with too many big trucks and SUV's not selling. They will concentrate on smaller, more energy efficient vehicles.

That number is horseshit!!!! It is Dc's way of trying to get the UAW to give them the same concessions that the other two manufacture's received.

fastfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That number is horseshit!!!! It is Dc's way of trying to get the UAW to give them the same concessions that the other two manufacture's received.

[/QUOTE]

TOTALLY AGREE!!

OP
OP
W

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gasp! Can you say "concessions" here without being ***'d out? :D

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
6:14pm in Vegas right now. Does anyone know what was on thier agenda this evening? Is there another meeting/seminar/party with guest speakers that might be the venue for some sort of news?...

Firewater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is lame. I was all over this hoping for good news and now nothing. DC *****. :mad:

If I was there... I'd go find every DC wink-nudgers from a few years back and give them an atomic wedgie. :kickbutt:

And I'd be right there with you layin down the wet willys while they were hangin from the ceiling. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte