Southern Viper emigrates to the Heart of Europe

Freiherr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello from Vienna, Austria!

And no, it´s not Australia, sorry for that.

Austria is a very small country located next to Germany, absolutely no kangaroos and definitely just a handful of Vipers to be found here.....

The first time I drove a Viper was in 2003, when I went to Miami Beach for a vacation and suddenly got the chance to rent a SRT-10.....after a few days I was sure: nice car, lots of fun, but my 2002 Corvette Convertible at home is the better choice.....so forget it!

Last year I got the chance to rent a SRT-10 in Munich, Germany.....after a few days I was quite sure, that my Corvette......and my girlfriend agreed with me: it´s too noisy, it´s too rude, forget it!

End of the story: having made a list of several Vipers in Southern Florida I took a flight to Orlando a few weeks ago and drove down to St. Petersburg to take a look at the first Viper on my list.

Most of the few Vipers in Europe are red or black, so for me it had to be a silver one, although I had never seen one before in real life.

I stepped into the garage and.....I stood there stunned! The search was over, no negotiations about the price( Hi, David:D).....as Ryan Adams would say: love is hell!

2004_viper

Transport to Germany was perfect, no scratches, no dents, in Wuppertal, Germany it got its registration documents for the EU and I went there to take it to Vienna.

It was a little bit chilly, sometimes there was some rain, sometimes a few snowshowers, so I had to be very cautious and never went faster than 130mls/hour..... I love the german motorways without any silly speedlimit!:german:

Having arrived after that 600mls-trip I knew for certain: my SRT-10 is the far better choice than my Corvette, and as for my girlfriend - she is addicted to our silver snake now. What else?

P.S. One of the best cars in the world deserves one of the best forums in the world - and that´s just what you are here, folks.

P.P.S. Anybody here looking for a nice 2002 C5 Convertible?

Sorry for my bad English and Greetings from Vienna,

Andreas

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Yes, we are familiar with Österreich !!! Its one of the lovely places in the world!

Take your time learning the cars' character. Don't be one of those impatient people who wreck theirs right after buying it.

Congrats on your purchase! Enjoy, and stay safe.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the strength of the Euro, I would not be surprised to see lots of Europeans picking up nice example Vipers to take home.

Gotta be a blast on those beautiful roads.

Use the savings to pay some of the expensive fuel bills.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a rewarding feeling to own a Viper in the USA, it must make you feel like royalty to own one in Europe. I can only imagine the attention that car receives over there.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations!!! Your English is just fine.....much better than my German or French or......You'll never regret the Viper purchase! You are definitely a rarity in Austria. I've been to Europe many times, and have NEVER seen a Viper. Wanted to ship my car over to Germany, just to drive on the Autobahn. Have a great time with the car, be very careful at first to just get used to the torque! Once you are more comfortable with the car, then have some fun!

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice ride hope to meet you soon I do love travelling to Europe for some of the German meets.

OP
OP
F

Freiherr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you everybody for the kind welcome.

As for the attention you get when you drive a Viper in good old Europe: waiting for the traffic lights to turn green sometimes makes me, being some kind of introverted person, feel a little bit uncomfortable - quite a lot of people stare at you, some of them start a conversation with you.....but that´s okay for me.

There is just one thing that makes me feel even more uncomfortable: waiting for the traffic lights to turn green and - no one takes notice of my car.....it just makes me worry: oh my god, what´s wrong with these people.....?:D

And as for the fuel bills: lots of people support their local psychiatrists with thousands of US-Dollars every year..... I just have to push the red start button - that´s what I call a real antidepressant! I wonder if could convince my health insurance to pay for all these damned fuel bills?:)

First Strike

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the new snake, BTW I just left Vienna on 02/01/08 business trip. would of been nice to meet you and see your newest aquisition in person.

graphite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hallo Freiherr
Wenn du in Wien wohnst dann ist eine besuch des Viperclub Germany nach Wien eine gute idee. Finde Ich. Ich wollte leztes jahr ein paar tage da verbringen. Wir waren in Tirol unterwegs mit unser schlangen. Ist mir leider nicht gelungen. Ich war zu faul. Ich wohne naehe Heidelberg. Sind aber viele mitglieder von beiden clubs in deiner naehe. Viperclub Deutschland - Startseite und Viper Club of America - Region Switzerland Paar stunden vielleicht fuer manche..
Wir wurden uns freuhen wenn du und deine freundin bei eins von unser veranstaltung dabei sein wurde.
gruesse nach Wien!
Andrew

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PICS on Autobahn and Nurburgring or BAN!!!!!!!!!

j/k but it would be nice to see dodge go over there and see what the car can do, I bet the base 08 would be mid 7:30's and the ACR probably high 7:20's to low 7:30's over there. But they'd need a ring expert to drive it.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andreas: WELCOME aboard!! Gorgeous Silver '04 SRT!!! VERY glad things went well during transport.
LOL--yes, Viper Addiction abounds easily, doesn't it?!! Congratulations! ~juli

graphite

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WELCOME Freiherr!

We have already a member (Michael) from Vienna and working on another (Andreas).

Have a look at our event section and you are more than welcome to our meetings.

CU!
Markus
aka ViperGTS

P.S.: take it very easy when the tires are cold and the road is cold/wet/...!!!