Spotting a Viper is rare...

GimmeTheSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I take mine out for a quick drive, come home.... hop into the daily driver and head to Home Depot.... and I see 2 Vipers both within a couple miles from home... within maybe a 1 hour period... surprised to know they were that close to home....

Saw a Blue/White on Watt Ave in Sacramento

Saw a Grey/Silver Striped GTS in Antelope

Just wanted to tell the two guys, sweet rides!

The gentleman in the Grey/Silver was giving it a lil GO!... cool to see it rip down the street.

OP
OP
G

GimmeTheSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah when I seen'em... I was like... hey! I'm the only one allowed to prance around my neighborhood like I'm cooler than everyone else! grrrr! lol jk.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah when I seen'em... I was like... hey! I'm the only one allowed to prance around my neighborhood like I'm cooler than everyone else! grrrr! lol jk.

You should've walked up to em and ***'d around their parking spot. :D

Hey, we got our snakes around the same time. Got almost 10k on mine already... how about you?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rarity of Vipers is a big reason I have been such a huge fan since 92'. Normally, I only see 4-5 a year, and thats usually when i'm out of town. I've seen one since I bought my RT/10 2 months ago and that was when I was with a buddy up in Buckhead (the ritzy nightclub section) in Atlanta. It was a Grey/Silver GTS parked outside a restaurant. Also saw 2 Ferraris and a Lamborghini that night!

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"The gentleman in the Grey/Silver was giving it a lil GO!... cool to see it rip down the street."
-----------------------------------------------------------

Careful you may incite another mega post about the ills of street racing… :D

OP
OP
G

GimmeTheSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Warfang, I put about 3K miles down in the 7months I've had it.... but that's do to the fact I had the car on JackStands for 2-3 months waiting for my wheels to get chromed... I'd definitely have a little more if that didn't take so long.... I'm taking her from NorCal to SoCal and back this weekend... so tack on another 1200 for me.... that's what we bought'em for right!

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Warfang, I put about 3K miles down in the 7months I've had it.... but that's do to the fact I had the car on JackStands for 2-3 months waiting for my wheels to get chromed... I'd definitely have a little more if that didn't take so long.... I'm taking her from NorCal to SoCal and back this weekend... so tack on another 1200 for me.... that's what we bought'em for right!

Exactly. Maybe one day when I'm filthy rich I can afford a spare Viper to serve as a colllectable garage queen. Until then, I ride her hard and often. :D

You can wait 2-3 months for a chrome job? I would have just bought another set of wheels.

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive a lot, all around Michigan. I'll maybe see 3-10 Vipers a year. On the other hand, around here I see NSXes all the time. I happened to see two on my way to work today. I think the production numbers are around the same, but I'm not totally sure.

CO GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw a Pantera the other day and thought about what it would be like to own one. Their owners are probably a lot like us in how rare their cars are and how people react to them.
_________
David
'01 Race Yellow GTS
Randomtech Cat-back
Momo racing seats
Sabelt 5 points

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a Pantera the other day and thought about what it would be like to own one. Their owners are probably a lot like us in how rare their cars are and how people react to them.

I don't know about that. Everyone knows a Viper when they see one (Gen 1&2). No one even knows what a Pantera is nowadays. They were awesome in their time and if in good condition, still a looker now. I have a friend with a new Mangusta... The Pantera lineage have evolved to become the ugliest car on the planet. Rarer than a Viper by far. Yet nobody seems to care. :D

go here to punish your eyes:
http://www.qvaleauto.com/home.htm

BLWNV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in the Atlanta area and I see an average of one a year. If I were on the north side of town I would probably see more.
Alan

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had two Pantera sightings in the last month. Both black. One was at a car show and the guy verified that the other black one I saw was not him. I have not seen a Pantera in years then I see two. I have also seen 3-4 Vipers in the last few weeks, oh and about a million AMG Mercedes (**** in a CL55 wouldn't take the bait a few days ago - apparently her ballar hubby forgot to tell her she was driving a hot rod).

vipergts2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I take mine out for a quick drive, come home.... hop into the daily driver and head to Home Depot.... and I see 2 Vipers both within a couple miles from home... within maybe a 1 hour period... surprised to know they were that close to home....

Saw a Blue/White on Watt Ave in Sacramento

Saw a Grey/Silver Striped GTS in Antelope

Just wanted to tell the two guys, sweet rides!

The gentleman in the Grey/Silver was giving it a lil GO!... cool to see it rip down the street.

I thnk I saw the Blue with White Nothbound on 5 about 1:45 today. The Grey with Silver is probably my friends old GTS. He just sold it about a week ago to a guy in that area. Did it have HRE's on it?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960