SRT/10 Dealer Update

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To All Dodge Dealers
08/15/02 11:34

Dear Dodge Dealer:

We are entering the final stage of the Dodge Viper Early Reservation Certificate Program. As of August 13, all of the confirmed Early Reservation Certificates for the 2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 have been entered into the system as orders. Initially, some orders were entered without a customer name, however, those orders have been adjusted and they now all have a customer name attached.

On August 13, the certificate holders were notified via mail that their order had been entered into the system. They were also advised of the following:

-The tentative build schedule for the 2003 Viper runs from August 2002 to June 2003. Therefore, they may not be able to obtain their tentative build/delivery date until sometime in the coming months.

-Their orders CANNOT be altered in any way. The color or selling dealer that the customer selected cannot be changed.

-They should contact you, their selling dealer, directly with any questions they may have throughout the rest of the order and delivery process.

All 2003 Viper orders were sequenced by color and entered into the system in the approximate order in which the reservation certificates were returned to Viper Headquarters.

"I can see a little light at the end of the tunnel."

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
All 2003 Viper orders were sequenced by color and entered into the system in the approximate order in which the reservation certificates were returned to Viper Headquarters.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least I won't have to pay the luxury tax (or whatever it was that would cost me $3K), since I got my reservation in later than most (thanks to the postal service (not!)) and won't expect deliver until after Jan 1, 03. (I'm trying to look for the silver lining to this cloud. Mark would probably say the silver lining is NOT getting the car at all!)