SRT-10's are bullet-proof!!

C.Thomson

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SRT-10\'s are bullet-proof!!

We were at the Southwest Zone Rendezvous this weekend in Dallas. The yellow SRT-10's that were there ran ALL day on a 40+- sec autocross course and did not miss a beat. It was estimated that they each did 450+- runs, and there were zero problems. One run right after another, all day in 95 degree heat. Try that with your Gen1 or GenII. Simply amazing!

OP
OP
C

C.Thomson

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: SRT-10\'s are bullet-proof!!

Yes yellow - these were reported to be the ones used in the Fast & Furious2 movie - Nice color!

Sorry, no pics yet.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Thats great news! Glad to hear the SRT is holding up well...

That bodes well for the upcoming coupe version.

If the coupe looks good, and performs as well or better than the SRT, then the $150,000 Ford GT will have relatively few takers. Or at least, I will be less likely to buy one, if I can get show+go in one Viper package for half the price.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You should have seen how well they run with properly machined Cylinder Heads :)

Glad to hear. WHERES MY SRT GTS?!!!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We were at the Southwest Zone Rendezvous this weekend in Dallas. The yellow SRT-10's that were there ran ALL day on a 40+- sec autocross course and did not miss a beat. It was estimated that they each did 450+- runs, and there were zero problems. One run right after another, all day in 95 degree heat. Try that with your Gen1 or GenII. Simply amazing!

C- They might be bulletproof for autocrossing(Gen-2's are as well by the way), but I have seen the differentials break at the dragstrip. I have a friend who broke the diff, trans, a cv joint, swaybar, rear caliper locked up, and warped rear rotor. ==> The SRT's are far from bulletproof to do the same things the Gen-2's do.