srt storage question

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never put a gas stabilizer in my srt for winter storage. I do start it up about every 2 weeks during the winter and let it run up to temp. So is a fuel stabilizer still needed? If so, which brad is good.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The answer depends on what kind of gasoline you have in Canada. If you have gas that has ethanol in it you should buy a product called Startron which keeps the water from phase separating from the fuel. Be sure to run the car for at least 10 miles to get the Startron into the whole fuel system. this is a huge problem here in the northeast with the marine trades people.

Here is the web site for Startron.

http://www.starbrite.com/sproductdetail.cfm?ID=1158

If you do not have ethanol based fuel any good stabilizer such as Sta-bil will do fine.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
keep a full fuel tank, and you will be just fine for the winter month's. Starting it up every 2 weeks, I dont think is necessary. I stored mine last years for 5 month's and never started it once. Full tank of gas, car cover and battery tender. Summer time she fired right up

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I store cars for living and the crud Robbie is talking about is common with boats because of the high humidity on the water. twinturbo is right with full tank so humdity can't condense at the top of the tank and settle as water,but really no big deal. Maybe a miss or 2 as it goes through the injectors. By starting the car and running it for a short time is worse than letting it sit. The starts are at full rich run, flood the oil with fuel fumes and then if not run to get the oil real hot to vaporize them and **** through the PCV they are a corrosive in the crankcase. Better to not move it unless you can get the oil up to temp and that usually is with driving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonychicken