SRT track experience

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So I sign up for the SRT track experience only to receive an email that states:
"As a point of clarification, all SRT vehicles, with the exception of the Viper, will be included in the driving modules at each track event. During the final session of the event day (Hot Laps), the professional drivers will be giving rides in select SRT vehicles and depending on availability, you may receive a Viper ride during this time." :mad:
This is very dissapointing, I guess with the trouble Chrysler is in, it is lucky that haven't cancelled it completely. I am not sure if I am going to do it now, maybe I will cancel my reservation and go for a drive in my own Viper that day instead. :drive:

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, I'm considering flying out to Las Vegas in November since it's "free" but w/o a Viper would it be much fun? Could any members that have done the SRT exp. chime in?

Thanks!

theviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was hoping the SRT experience would help me practice on the Viper and learn the car better. They should allow only Viper owners to drive the Viper at the SRT experience.

Blazeone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is true, I went last week and was very impressed. The event is a total blast and if you don't have a great time you are a pitiful sour ****.

It was well run and like I said everyone in the group had big smiles all day.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over the years the SRT experieince has been watered down. I went to CA speedway in December and everyone could drive (with an instructor) the vipers on a small road course built w/cones in a parking lot. On the track only viper owners were given a ride in a viper with the instructor driving.

In '05 everyone got a chance to autocross a viper as well as drive it on the road course. At the drag strip they also had the viper trucks for everyone to drive. I even drove a 6 speed viper truck on the road course at CA speedway. At the 06 event in vegas they stopped allowing people to drive the viper trucks at the drag strip as too many people tore up the rear ends manually shifting the automatic trucks (and missing gears and hitting reverse). But everyone still could autocross and drive the vipers on the track road course. These were great events and unlike '08 instructors only road along if you asked.

They've toned it down due to people doing stupid things, wrecking cars, etc. In '05 and '06 I paid to have my wife participate and we both thought it was a good deal. After the 12/08 event I wouldn't pay, but I'd gladly go for free.

Black Adder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just did the SRT ESP at Fontana raceway. No vipers for driving. Out of the 38 attendees I was the only viper owner. The rest were mainly Challengers etc. Having driven the Caliber, Charger 300 and Jeep, the Challenger came last in my opinion as a road racer, even the 300 handled better and doing an aotocross in the Jeep SRT 8 was a total blast.
A great day out if you just want some fun. My wife went as a non participating guest for $50 and she did everything I did but she was in the passenger seat with a professional driving. Best $50 I ever spent on her :)
Tony

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw the no viper statement when I signed up. I am going to Vegas in November and will do the SRT Experience out there. Since you can't drive a Viper I probably wouldn't go but our son and his family live in Vegas we get to visit them too.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper or no Viper the SRT experiance is a fantastic event. Its a great chance to play with all the SRT vehicles and not have to worry about the tires:D Its a blast to see what some of these cars can do. I thought the jeep was a joke until I drove one at the track and now I want one. I have been to 4 SRT Track Experiance sessions and though there have been some changes over the years to reduce liability and damage to vehicles, it is still a worthwhile event. Any one coming to Vegas for the event please contact me and we can plan a local VCA event of some sort the same time. Maybe we can get you down to SpringMountain track and you can have some fun with Vipers on a BIG track.:drive:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW the crossfire SRT 6, the Ram SRT-10, the Magnum SRT-8, and the Neon SRT-4 are also gone from the SRT Experiance. It seems to make sense that Dodge would not want to spend so much money on marketing a vehicle that they will not be making future sales on. :rolleyes: As much fun as it is to go to a HPD session that is not the sole purpose of the event. If you buy one product you might buy more or tell all your friends about it if you have EXPERIANCEd it.

theviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish the Viper was there. It's a chance to see what it can do and learn about it...but on someone else's Viper. The Jeep SRT8 is the most impressive SUV (from a performance standpoint) I've seen or owned. Hats off to the SRT team.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you mean to tell me its suppose to be a "SRT Experience" with no SRT Viper? That just doesn't make sense. There is no SRT without the Viper IMO.

Speedy G

Viper Owner
Reaction score
im in daytona now, just got done doing the experiance, there is two vipers there, one maroon and a ssg

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im in daytona now, just got done doing the experiance, there is two vipers there, one maroon and a ssg

Probably the ones Dodge loaned us for the Western Zone Event.....

Viper_Zone_Event_020.JPG

Black Adder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes both of those cars were at Fontana but you couldn't drive them. They only used them for the fast laps at the end, driven by the "pros". There were 38 attendees at Fontana and only about 10 people got to sit in the passenger seat. As I viper owner they "suggested" I didn't need a fast lap in the Viper as I owned one !!!
Having said all that, the fast laps in the Jeep SRT8 was an eye opening experience !!
Regards
Tony

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I agree, I'm considering flying out to Las Vegas in November since it's "free" but w/o a Viper would it be much fun? Could any members that have done the SRT exp. chime in? Thanks!

The "free" event is a LOT of fun, regardless of stick-time in the Viper. When Vipers WERE there for driving, it was a short AutoCross only. Owners did NOT get to DRIVE VIPERS on a hot track! The other modules are a lot of fun, even the Caliber.

Of course they are not offering SRT-4, Magnum, Crossfore..... CANCELLED MODELS.

If I could TRADE a ride in the Jeep for a drive in the Viper, Id be hard pressed to decide, that Jeep ride is AWESOME... The Pace-N-Chase event on track in Chargers, Jeeps, Calibers is a hoot! More on this:

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/624262-srt-track-experience.html

Last edited:

Blazeone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm going to the one at Homestead on May 22nd.... wonder if they will let me put my Viper on the track....

No they won't. That is not what the program is about.

You can always participate in a track day and run your Viper as much as you wish.

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
will be at homestead also. will take the work truck but wear a viper shirt. gotta enjoy the free food and fun before this isnt available do to the existing chrysler issues.

VIPER 93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes both of those cars were at Fontana but you couldn't drive them. They only used them for the fast laps at the end, driven by the "pros". There were 38 attendees at Fontana and only about 10 people got to sit in the passenger seat. As I viper owner they "suggested" I didn't need a fast lap in the Viper as I owned one !!!
Having said all that, the fast laps in the Jeep SRT8 was an eye opening experience !!
Regards
Tony

I drove a viper at fontana, and a hot lap.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to the one at Homestead on May 22nd.... wonder if they will let me put my Viper on the track....

Hi Brooks. The answer is no. I tried. They will not even let you park it in the pit area like the Skip Barber people used to do. When Skip Barber was still running the SRTTE, I did a show and tell with my Roe supercharged GTS. I also gave a Chrysler VP who happened to be there that day a spirited ride in the parking lot. He loved it! But that was many moons ago and the Petty people are far more corporate in there approach. Now everybody parks out front and the briefing room is upstairs. It's still fun even with the restrictions. I might drop by but with this heat we are having it is going to be a long, hot day down there. Not my cup of tea.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "free" event is a LOT of fun, regardless of stick-time in the Viper. When Vipers WERE there for driving, it was a short AutoCross only. Owners did NOT get to DRIVE VIPERS on a hot track! The other modules are a lot of fun, even the Caliber.

Of course they are not offering SRT-4, Magnum, Crossfore..... CANCELLED MODELS.

If I could TRADE a ride in the Jeep for a drive in the Viper, Id be hard pressed to decide, that Jeep ride is AWESOME... The Pace-N-Chase event on track in Chargers, Jeeps, Calibers is a hoot! More on this:

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/624262-srt-track-experience.html

I beg to differ. We DROVE Vipers on a nice sized track at three of the four SRT track Experiance events we went to. The first event they held in Vegas was still during the testing phase of the program and they only had the Viper in a very tiny track but everyone in my group (all dealers and VCA) did manage to take out some cones and "widen" the track a bit:D

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
going to the one in july,they told me all they had left was acr-s to run:confused:

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are all canceled.... bummer...... was looking forward to it....

Dear SRT Track Experience Participant:

As you are probably aware, Chrysler Corporation has recently filed for bankruptcy and is in the process of restructuring their organization. As a result, the Homestead event is being postponed. It is not clear at this time if the event can be rescheduled at a later date, however; there is an event in Daytona later in the year (September 17-September 20) that is available if you are interested.

Anyone who has paid to attend this event (either as a driving guest or non-driving guest) will have their credit card refunded within the next 5 business days. If you are attending the event because you purchased a new SRT vehicle and this experience was included in the cost of your car, you will be free to reschedule for an upcoming event. If you are interested in rescheduling, simply email us with your registration number and identify which future event you would like to attend. It is important to note that at this time, no other events are being postponed.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Chrysler is working diligently to resolve the issues surrounding this.

Thank you for your loyalty to Chrysler and for your understanding during this reorganization. Should you have any immediate questions/concerns, please email us at [email protected]

Sincerely,

The SRT Team

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang