Stereo Upgrade

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed before but I couldn’t find the info I’m looking for.

The manual says the SRT-10 has 7 Speakers with Subwoofer and Tweeters.
What are the sizes of the stock speakers, subwoofer and tweeters on the SRT-10’s?

Can I fit JBL AUDIO C608GTI 6.5" Component Speakers on the doors and on the center console?
Can I fit two 10” or 12” subwoofers in the trunk?
How many and what type of amps do I need?
What brand subwoofer, amps, speakers, etc do you guys recommend?

:usa: :usa:

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sorry to get off the topic

what ever happened with you the car and hef?

did you move? keep the car? and ever had it completed?

vd..

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sorry to get off the topic

what ever happened with you the car and hef?

did you move? keep the car? and ever had it completed?

vd..

The car is very close to completion now. The car came out looking so gorgeous; I couldn’t convince myself to selling it.

How is your car?

Carry it to PM’s, if you have other questions. All I want to talk about in this thread is stereo upgrades.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rather than screw around with subwoofers in the trunk, I had Autoform make me a center trim panel with no cut-outs for the center subwoofer or the rear fill speakers. I am going to put a 10 inch sub in the center, with a custom enclosure and 3.5 inch rear fill co-axials. I'm using the regular 6 1/5 inch locations for the door speakers and tweeters.
The new trim panel will allow me to make my own custom cut-outs as it doesn't have the holes in it for the stock subwoofer and fill speakers.

I'm going with an Alpine head unit, Alpine PDX amps, and Critical Mass speakers and subwoofer.

Jim Z

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed before but I couldn’t find the info I’m looking for.

The manual says the SRT-10 has 7 Speakers with Subwoofer and Tweeters.
What are the sizes of the stock speakers, subwoofer and tweeters on the SRT-10’s?

Tweeters- 19mm (3/4")
Doors- 160mm (6")
rear fills- 60mm (2-1/4")
woofer- 165mm (6.5")