Stock ECU torque management challenges!

MKB96Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good Morning,
I already posted this problem briefly in the dyno/performance section but since it will be affecting all of us I wanted to make everyone aware of the problems and ask for help IF there is any out there yet. Here's the challenge:

When you make any substancial power gains in the new 08 you are potentially restricted by the stock ECU. We added nitrous to mine and as long as you are in the same gear making the pull on the dyno or on the street its fine and trust me, its a monster. However, as soon as you change gears and the stock ECU see's that burst of torque it closes the throttle bodies slightly and slows the car. :mad:
Its very frustrating because on the dyno it looks great and running the 1/4 mile its great in first gear when the nitrous comes in but it slows the car as soon as you change gears. Even on the dyno it does the same thing changing gears. Anyone have any suggestions or know any tuners that can increase or delete the torque management restrictions? All of us with the 08's are going to be fighting this issue. On a side note, don't run nitrous on street tires with these new motors. :D Its a hand full on just motor, add nitrous and see what direction she's pointed in. ;)

Thanks,
Keith

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe u should call these guys.. there are offering nitrous or twin turbos on 08 acrs...see if they have even tested a car yet?

Dave Rochau
Motiva Performance Engineering, LLC
2420 comanche ne ste h-3
albuquerque, NM 87107
Phone: 505 883 8388
Email: [email protected]

Jroc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best of luck to the 08's, hope you guys figure it out.