Strange part fell off my Viper!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FOLLOW UP:

Our friends at CAAP have examined the photo..... Four different individuals held an informal Q-C looksee, and they say this is NOT a part of tooling, supplies, or anything that CAAP personnel recognize. The 'ranking' viewer stated: 'I have one exactly like it at home that came with my new lawn mower.'

They also ask if there are any engravings on the handle? ALL CAAP tools have 2 alpha characters (NM) as an inventory control code engraved somewhere on each factory tool .

One other CAAP-inion is that it looks like a ratcheting tie-down / tightening -release tool that Reliable uses to tighten the tie-downs and release the teeth when the cars are shipped....but the part looks too pristine to have been used.

The bad news is, this unscheduled interruption at CAAP has delayed the completion of new 09 Vipers by about 3 minutes......

TRIVIA CONTEST: The first VCA Member who can correctly tell us what the "NM" stands for will win a very cool Viper Doo-Dad currently being offered to all 08-09 ACR owners.

Im going to arbitrarily say MCVCO folks, and VCA bosses not eligible....

Hint..... apparently ALL Viper in-Plant Tools have been so engraved since 1992.

GUESSES ?

Not Mine:D

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe this new explaination makes those that jump to the comclusion that CAAP was at fault feel a bit foolish. If not, it should.

D

DAMN YANKEE

What the!

I did my annual inspection of the side pipes and when I opened the shields...bingo.

This must mean that there is alot more to this than meets the eye!

The labels read "Quality is Job Sedici"

You must be registered for see images

Last edited by a moderator:

SSGViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought maybe it was a tool for adjusting the massive wing :) Thanks for clearing this all up!

D

DAMN YANKEE

NM - "No Mas" as in "We are not taking it anymore"

No wait "Newton Meter"...No wait a minute I know this one...what...New Mack?

Oh....

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Doesn't appear anyone concluded it was CAAP in this thread.

Quotes / mentions in posts 9, 10, 13 :

Originally Posted by
I'd guess that it's probably a common tool from the assembly line.

also:

Re: Strange part fell off my Viper!
The assembly line workers used to put half sandwiches in nooks where you couldn't get to on cars that they knew were going to be delivered to an exec. You didn't make somebody mad at Connor did you? :rolaugh:

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Quotes / mentions in posts 9, 10, 13 :

Originally Posted by
I'd guess that it's probably a common tool from the assembly line.

also:

Re: Strange part fell off my Viper!
The assembly line workers used to put half sandwiches in nooks where you couldn't get to on cars that they knew were going to be delivered to an exec. You didn't make somebody mad at Connor did you? :rolaugh:

One a guess and the other an obvious joke.

OP
OP
toomanymodz

toomanymodz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OMG you guys are so funny. Now I can't stop laughing!

Three of them little buggers fell out of that side-sill. Some assembly line worker also stored his extra security-blankets in there too.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I had a mettalic clank coming from the rear/middle of the car. Turns out the trans/belley cover was loose causing it to buckle at times so that it would bow in/out causing the noise. Just a loose guess.

Amazed at the talent / detective work on this board to correctly identify that part. Maybe we should start an unsolved crimes area?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, Jon but Mack does exist. Only now it makes the 4.7L engine.

So says one of the few that watched his car get assembled there.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon;

For heritage, they must have also carried over the gear shift from the Mack to the Viper because the stock one kinda looks like one from an old Thermodyne. Ha! Ha!

Broch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You may be the first dodge owner to hear a strange noise coming from your car and assume it's not normal... :)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ah, Jon but Mack does exist. Only now it makes the 4.7L engine. So says one of the few that watched his car get assembled there.

We went there last visit to hopefully show Doris where her 1st Gen 1 was built and reminisce, but it was GONE! Flattened, greenscaped into the modern engine plant.... no more pigeon-poop and broken glass as in Viper Gen 1 era.

I wish I had an authentic NM Brick !!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang