Sun visors -- who needs 'em?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Sun visors -- who needs \'em?

LOL Jon, I respectfully disagree. The visors have multiple purposes on the RT/10.

First, it acts as a spoiler to provide proper down force. At approximately 85mph it "automatically" drops down to lessen aerodynamic drag at such speeds.

The second use for it is to block the wind from hitting the top of your head. Of course, this feature is eliminated at high speeds.

Additionally it can be adjusted to provide just the right "tussled hair" look.

However, to block the sun you'll need to get a hat.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Removing visors is supprisingly also very beneficial in the coupe. It makes the interior seem much larger, and improves vision at top of windshield.

Taller drivers are amazed at how much it helps your outlook.

Easy to try it out, just a few screws. Once removed, almost nobody puts them back in.

Visor when down blocks so much vision that it is rarely used.

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I took mine off my gts also. I'm a tall driver and the extra space helped a lot. Plus, I found that they were useless in that car anyway.

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by scottgf:
What's an Air Bag?
(Proud Gen. 1 owner)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's that stupid thing that replaced the glove box on the passenger side and changed your cool looking steering wheel into something that belongs in a family car. It doesn't bother most people.

LarryJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I need em. If anyone has a pair that will fit a 99 rt that they can spare please let me know

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FINNVIPER:

I like to strap my radar detector on those handy little spoilers.... VERY!!! close to my ears! Sometimes I can even hear it to go off.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too, I don't what I'd do without my radar detector holder!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FINNVIPER:
Now...if I only could find a good place to strap my H&K 40cal...... Hah, Haa!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I find the center storage holds a mini-Glock very nicely ;)

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I put early R/T visors on from John B.,they are 1/2 the size of the genII's,no child sticker,there U go.
cool.gif

YellowSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JMcGuire&gt;
I removed mine too. I was talking with TOOOFST and we agree with eachother that the stock visors look like battle shield armor or something crappy like that.

If they deflect radar from cops let me know, otherwise mine are on the garage floor.