SVS DIY Bolt on TT system is completed !!

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SVS has completed all the initial steps necessary for full production of our side mount DIY Bolt on TT system.

The SVS side mount TT system includes:

321 S.S. turbo headers (w/ ARP manifold bolts)
321 S.S. flanges
Exhaust manifold gaskets
60-1 hybrid turbos (rated @ 650hp each)
S.S. lines and fittings (oil feed to turbo)
Braided drain lines w/ goodridge fittings (turbo oil drain to engine oil pan)
304 S.S. wastegate/downpipes
TIAL 38mm wastegates
S.S. lines/goodridge fittings (wastegate control)
(2) 3” S.S. V- band clamp/flange assemblies (exhaust connection)
PWR 1500 cfm air/air intercooler w/ mounting brackets (rated up to 1300hp)
TIAL B.O.V.
HTS Silicone couplers
Breeze constant torque clamps
All aluminum intake/charge piping
Hi flow intake air filters

$12,500 plus S/H

At 4-5 psi the SVS side mount TT system will make around 650rwhp. This is an excellent option for all stock Vipers engines. Minimum requirements SVS recommends: larger injectors, BAP and minimum engine management system.

This side mount TT system on 93 oct @ 8-9 psi has made 800rwhp 850rwtq on a stock forged V10 (96-99)

On a built bottom end (Gen2) with ported heads this TT system on 93oct @ 12psi has made 880rwhp and 960rwtq (this Gen2 has an air/water intercooler system)

The SVS side mount TT is capable of making 1100rwhp with proper modifications.

The system shown is ready to ship and we're taking orders for the next 5 side mount TT systems. The SVS side mount TT is a great option for tuners and DIY installers looking for a good quality, low maintenance, easy to install TT system.

We have this same bolt on system available for Viper SRT models but only with an air/water intercooler system at this time. The stock heat shields will fit over the turbo headers on both Gen2 and Gen3.

Our side mount TT will easily work on a Gen1 (this is where it was originally developed in 1994) but we would need a donor Viper to ensure the first system is able to be duplicated.

Upgrades to SVS side mount TT:

Heat wrapping headers and down pipes - $350
Air/water inter cooling system - TBA
70 mm SVS Throttle bodies with 3”- 2.5” silicone reducer (satin $515 / polished $565)
SVS 1000hp fuel system – TBA
More upgrades coming soon

Read more about our side mount TT system here:

SVS side mount TT

If you have any questions please contact me at [email protected]
Call at SVS 630-876-1335 or my cell 630-878-2132
Ask for Jr.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Go Fast For Life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great system SVS. How much would you charge to install a system like this? At what power level do you need to start upgrading the clutch, transmission gears, etc.?

apun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the turbo's watercooled? Can the turbo's be upgraded to larger units?

Thanks,
Alex

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sure is purty!

Will this work on a stock creampuff without catastrophic results?

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like a Great system! :2tu:

Now lets have a 50% off sale so I can buy one! :2tu:

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well 12,500 is kind of deceptive. The kit WONT work without engine management, larger injectors, bap or fuel system

so how much is the complete kit? Good looking system though, and it works on a gen1 which is a plus, but how much is the complete kit

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the turbo's watercooled? Can the turbo's be upgraded to larger units?

Thanks,
Alex

They're not water cooled. If the turbo is offered as a water cooled unit I'm sure we could make it work.

No. The 60-1 turbos are rated for 1300hp

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great product !

What type of engin management system do you recommend ?

I'm in the process of discussing the level of power control Dan Cragin has with the stock ECUs.

If this works then all you will need is an upgraded fuel system and the tuning done to your stock ECU.

I will know more very soon.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called my wifey over to take a look indicating this is what I wanted for X-Mas. All she said was D-I-V-O-R-C-E-...so I toook that as a positive reaction since she didn't say no...

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Turbo hp "rating" is deceptive to say the least. Do you have a copy of the T3 hotside map so we can see where the efficiency range falls?

Have you done any backpressure testing on it? 1.5" primaries and a T3 on a 488ci+ motor is a little iffy.

Also, is there anyway to combat the torque falling 300ft/lbs from 4600 to redline? as per this dyno graph.
http://www.svspower.com/images/upload/case_study_6_287.jpg

How about posting pics of the headers unwrapped.

G

grcforce327

[Our side mount TT will easily work on a Gen1 (this is where it was originally developed in 1994) but we would need a donor Viper to ensure the first system is able to be duplicated.]

Now you have my attention! What's the next step???

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the air filter location very much! Nice cool air and plenty of filter to flow more air & cold air at that = more hp & less hot weather issues

only minor issue i can see; in the driver side of that air filter location on my 2001 is an ABS Box & a evaperator box. How do we get around that?

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the air filter location very much! Nice cool air and plenty of filter to flow more air & cold air at that = more hp & less hot weather issues

Where it draws air from will have little to do with hot weather issues. The front mount intercooler blocking the stock radiator is where the major problem lies.

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[Our side mount TT will easily work on a Gen1 (this is where it was originally developed in 1994) but we would need a donor Viper to ensure the first system is able to be duplicated.]

Now you have my attention! What's the next step???

I'm talking with a Viper owner that lives close in the area and has a 94RT-10.

I know that the system is close for fitment and the changes will be minimal.

Once we jig the TT system for a Gen 1 then we can send it out.

We will also be working on fuel and engine management for the Gen1's

send me your email addr. to [email protected]

TheMeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm talking with a Viper owner that lives close in the area and has a 94RT-10.

I know that the system is close for fitment and the changes will be minimal.

Once we jig the TT system for a Gen 1 then we can send it out.

We will also be working on fuel and engine management for the Gen1's

SWEET!! Finally some 'love' for the GEN 1's. :2tu:

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

only minor issue i can see; in the driver side of that air filter location on my 2001 is an ABS Box & a evaperator box. How do we get around that?

We installed the side mount TT on a 98 and had to raise the evap canister 3.75 inch up from its original position. It was located on the drivers side.

I thought the evap canister was in the passenger rear on a 2001?

The ICU for the ABS should present no issues as the filter and piping comes through low enough.

You'll also need to drill through your oil pan on the sides and weld a -10 aluminum male fitting (supplied) for the oil drain from the turbo.

I have pics for locations and will help by sending any info I have to our customers.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very Perty, but what's the rush? Did you purposely wait till I
sold my viper?

I think Rogue and Dubs are trying to say Paolo's system
is better and less expensive overall.

Always room for some healthy competition.

For the record: What is Paolo's and SVS's at you door complete price?

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron do you think and AEM/Fuel pump will be sufficient for 650rwhp with stock injectors if the pressure is high enough.

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Turbo hp "rating" is deceptive to say the least. Do you have a copy of the T3 hotside map so we can see where the efficiency range falls?

Have you done any backpressure testing on it? 1.5" primaries and a T3 on a 488ci+ motor is a little iffy.

Also, is there anyway to combat the torque falling 300ft/lbs from 4600 to redline? as per this dyno graph.

sigh, how I love being ignored.

btw I have yet to mention the name of any other tuners, just merely asking a few basic questions.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it would in the best interest to offer a COMPLETE kit. This kit will not work at all without an EMS or fuel system upgrade of some kind. You need to package that into the cost of the system and sell as a whole.

that's why i bought a Roe SC kit. its a complete kit (ECU, Fuel system, ect..) and the instructions for install were amazing. Bolted on and car started right up. A lot of people steer away from these "custom" applications.

just my .02

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

sigh, how I love being ignored.

btw I have yet to mention the name of any other tuners, just merely asking a few basic questions.

Don't have a copy
Yes 2:1
Yes different a/r and a cam
Buy a set and you can see them :D